Child Health | Pediatrics
MaineHealth pediatricians and family health care providers provide expert, compassionate care, close to home. From well-child visits and routine vaccinations to advanced specialty care, we are here for you at all stages of your child’s development. View our directory of pediatricians.
What is a well-child visit?
Well-child visits and childhood vaccinations are essential and help make sure children stay healthy. Children who are not protected by vaccines are more likely to get diseases like measles and whooping cough. These diseases are extremely contagious and can be very serious, especially for babies and young children. In recent years, there have been outbreaks of these diseases, especially in communities with low vaccination rates.
Well-child visits are essential for many reasons, including:
- Tracking growth and developmental milestones
- Discussing any concerns about your child’s health
- Getting scheduled vaccinations to prevent illnesses like measles and whooping cough (pertussis) and other serious diseases
Many children missed check-ups and recommended childhood vaccinations during the COVID-19 pandemic. Talk to your child's doctor today about scheduling their next well-child visit and catching up on recommended vaccinations. View our directory of pediatricians.
Healthy Kids in our Communities
MaineHealth is committed to building healthy communities for kids and their families. Learn more about our community health programs and services:
- Let's Go! - Healthy eating and active living
- Raising Readers - Childhood literacy
- From the First Tooth™ - Oral health
- Food Pantries - Access to healthy food
Browse Medical Services by A-ZA B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z