MaineHealth is a not-for-profit integrated health system whose vision is, “Working together so our communities are the healthiest in America.” It consists of nine local health systems, a comprehensive behavioral health care network, diagnostic services, home health agencies, and 1,700 employed providers working together through the MaineHealth Medical Group. With approximately 22,000 employees, MaineHealth provides preventive care, diagnosis and treatment to 1.1 million residents in Maine and New Hampshire.
Several of our community hospitals have been recognized by The Leapfrog Group as Top Rural Hospitals. Additionally, The Leapfrog Group has given Hospital Safety “A” Grades to Maine Medical Center, Southern Maine Health Care and Mid Coast–Parkview Health for spring 2022. Our Maine hospitals are all Maine Tobacco-Free Hospital Network Gold Star Standard of Excellence recipients at the Platinum level. Accreditation from The Joint Commission and inclusions in Becker’s Hospital Review and U.S. News and World Report round out our recognition from leaders in U.S. health care evaluation.
Our Health Care System
Our system includes Franklin Memorial Hospital/Franklin Community Health Network, LincolnHealth, Maine Behavioral Healthcare, MaineHealth Care at Home, Maine Medical Center, Memorial Hospital, Mid Coast–Parkview Health, NorDx, Pen Bay Medical Center, Waldo County General Hospital, Southern Maine Health Care, Spring Harbor Hospital and Stephens Memorial Hospital/Western Maine Health Care. MaineHealth affiliates include Maine General Health and St. Mary's Regional Medical Center. Joint Venture Partners include New England Rehabilitation Hospital of Portland. It is also a significant stakeholder in the MaineHealth Accountable Care Organization.
Joint Venture Partners
* Coastal Healthcare Alliance
Working together so our communities are the healthiest in America. That's the MaineHealth vision and framework guiding our not-for-profit health system.
MaineHealth by the numbers
MaineHealth offers a complete range of health care services, from primary care to hospital treatment and everything in between.
The MaineHealth family of care includes:
- 22,000 employees
- 12 community hospitals in a dozen counties in Maine and New Hampshire
- Close to 1,700 employed providers serving our communities in multiple practices through the MaineHealth Medical Group
- Over 1,700 physicians working together through the MaineHealth Accountable Care Organization
- Comprehensive long-term care and senior care services provided through our local health health systems
- Complete behavioral and mental health care network, including southern Maine’s only private, nonprofit psychiatric hospital as well as community-based services at dozens of locations
- Not-for-profit home health care agency serving southern and mid-coast Maine
- Health/wellness programs and agencies
- Laboratory that serves patients, physicians, hospitals and long-term care providers in New England
MaineHealth Medical Group
MaineHealth Medical Group (MHMG) is the largest medical group in Northern New England. It unifies close to 1,700 MaineHealth employed providers at 12 system hospitals and more than 200 specialty and primary care practices in Maine and New Hampshire. Its goal is to deliver on the MaineHealth vision of working together so our communities are the healthiest in America. Governance is provided by a 20-member board of directors—all participating physicians. Learn more.
Working together toward a shared vision
At MaineHealth, we partner and collaborate across our health system and with diverse stakeholders to achieve our vision of working together so our communities are the healthiest in America. We advocate for local, state and national policies that best promote the health of the communities we serve.