Working together so our communities are the healthiest in America.
MaineHealth is a not-for-profit health system dedicated to improving the health of our patients and communities by providing high-quality affordable care, educating tomorrow's caregivers, and researching better ways to provide care.
Wherever and whenever you interact with MaineHealth, you can expect our team members to embody the following values in action:
Patient Centered: We focus on each individual's unique needs, and partner with the people we care for, their families and care teams to develop a shared plan.
- Act with compassion and kindness
- Listen actively and validate concerns; focus on the individual’s needs
- Communicate effectively with patients, clients and families
- Treat everyone with respect and courtesy; acknowledge cultural differences
- Be empowered to advocate and speak up for patient and client safety
- Partner with the people we care for, their families and care teams to develop a shared plan
Respect: We embrace diversity and recognize the value of each person.
- Recognize all the people we care for, their family, visitors and co-workers as valued members of the health care team
- Listen actively and respond thoughtfully
- Treat others as you would want to be treated
- Embrace diversity, acknowledging each person’s uniqueness
- Be empathetic, compassionate and kind
- Foster a professional and healing atmosphere
Integrity: We are honest, transparent and ethical, and maintain a culture of trust and accountability.
- Demonstrate professionalism at all times, regardless of the behavior of others
- Maintain confidentiality and respect the privacy of all
- Develop and maintain a culture of trust and accountability
- Act with honesty and transparency at all levels of the organization
- Model behavior that is consistently honest and ethical
- Acknowledge mistakes as opportunities to learn and grow
Excellence: We set high standards and always strive to exceed expectations.
- Consistently seek improvements in processes and performance
- Set high standards
- Strive to exceed expectations with every interaction
- Lead by example
- Work collaboratively as a team
- Pursue opportunities to learn and grow personally and professionally
Ownership: We take responsibility for our actions, follow through on our commitments, and approach challenges with optimism.
- Follow up and follow through
- Look beyond our individual roles to do what is necessary to get the job done successfully
- Take responsibility for our actions and our collective outcomes
- Approach challenges with optimism
- Represent our organization in a positive light
- Promote an accountable, fair and supportive environment
Innovation: We welcome diverse perspectives, embrace change, and are committed to lifelong learning.
- Welcome change with a positive attitude
- Inspire others and foster creativity
- Be courageous
- Encourage diverse perspectives
- Invest in people, technology and research
- Commit to lifelong learning and educating