Cardiovascular Care at Southern Maine Health Care
Comprehensive Care for Better Heart and Vascular Health
Wherever your cardiovascular care journey takes you—routine diagnostics, emergency treatment, specialized surgery, or cardiac rehabilitation—we are here for you with compassionate, high-quality, patient-centric care. Southern Maine Health Care (SMHC) cardiovascular services include:
- Cardiovascular Consultations
- Imaging & Diagnostics
- Cardiac Device Clinics and Management
- Cardiac Rehabilitation
- Cardiac Catheterization
- Anticoagulation Management
Consultations range from medication adjustments, diagnostic testing, and pacemaker evaluations, to lifestyle management and risk assessments. We also host heart device clinics for patients who use these devices to manage their heart rhythm problems. Cardiac device specialists, under the guidance of cardiologists, will work with you to ensure optimal device function and condition management.
And through MaineHealth, SMHC patients enjoy seamless access to a broad network of top heart specialists and surgeons using the latest technology to treat even the most complex cardiovascular conditions. Usually, recovery and rehabilitation care can happen close to home.
Local Service Locations
- Cardiac Services: SMHC’s board-certified cardiologists, in partnership with board-certified vascular surgeons from Maine Medical Partners Surgical Care, treat a wide variety of conditions caused by cardiovascular and peripheral vascular disease. Inpatient cardiac care is provided in Biddeford while outpatient cardiac care is available in both Biddeford and Sanford.
- Cardiac Catheterization: Our Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory in Biddeford is comprised of a team of specially and highly trained registered nurses and radiology technicians who work closely with, and assist cardiologists during procedures. For more information, please call 207-282-3666.
- Cardiac Rehabilitation Services: Those who have experienced a major heart event or surgery may benefit from our cardiac rehabilitation program. Guided by a team of nurses, dietitians, exercise physiologists and cardiologists, participants safely and gradually increase physical activity to regain strength and reduce the risk of future heart problems. Cardiac rehabilitation services are available at our Cardiopulmonary Wellness Center in Biddeford.
- Vascular Services: SMHC offers outpatient vascular services such as consultations, diagnostic testing, vascular ultrasound and follow up appointments in our convenient Biddeford office. Vascular surgeries are performed at Southern Maine Health Care in Biddeford and at Maine Medical Center in partnership with Maine Medical Partners Surgical Care. For more information, call 207-282-3666.
Your Heart, in Good Hands
Adults with newly diagnosed or chronic heart and vascular conditions need the focused care of specially-trained heart experts. That's why our board-certified physicians are trained in the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of cardiovascular disease. Here you’ll find the compassion of a true community hospital supported by advanced clinical technology and regional programs.