Western Maine Primary Care
A Department of Stephens Memorial Hospital
William L. Medd, MD Health Center
8 Pikes Hill
Norway, ME 04268
Your health is our priority
We strive to provide high quality, comprehensive health care for our patients. Western Maine Primary Care is a Level Three Patient Centered Medical Home - which means our focus is on you! We offer a complete range of care from pediatrics to geriatrics.
Our care team includes family medicine doctors, nurse practitioners and a team of clinical and administrative support staff. From preventive health services to chronic disease management, sports physicals to asthma care, our highly trained and qualified medical staff provide compassionate, expert care for the whole family.
Monday - 7:30 am - 6:30 pm
Tuesday - 7:30 am - 6:30 pm
Wednesday - 7:30 am - 6:30 pm
Thursday - 7:30 am - 6:30 pm
Friday - 7:30 am - 5:30 pm
After Hours Access
Our doctors can be reached for urgent calls by calling Stephens Memorial Hospital at 207-743-5933. The attendant will page the on-call doctor for you.
- Preventive Care: We promote preventative health screenings to help us monitor your health and wellness to prevent serious disease.
- Specialized Services: We offer a range of services for the evaluation, diagnosis and treatment for patients with chronic illnesses, including but not limited to, asthma, depression, diabetes and obesity.
- Integrative Medicine: Healing-oriented medicine that takes account of the whole person (body, mind, and spirit), including all aspects of lifestyle. It emphasizes the therapeutic relationship and makes use of all appropriate therapies, both conventional and alternative.
- Wellness Services: Sometimes you need more than medicine to help you feel better. Western Maine Primary Care is pleased to offer many different wellness services to our patients to care for all aspects of you: body, mind and spirit.
- Emotional Care: We offer counseling services right here in our office with a Licensed Clinical Social Worker.
- In-Office Minor Surgical Procedures: Our providers have the skill and medical capabilities to do some minor surgical procedures in the comfort of our office.
- Care and Case Management Services: Partnering with our Community Outreach Team of Registered Nurses and Case Managers, we provide care management services to patients in need.
Comprehensive addiction medicine provides outpatient substance-use treatment in a safe, secure, confidential and therapeutic environment designed to support recovery. Our team assists you during every step of the recovery journey, providing comprehensive medication management, behavioral health care, counseling and patient support.
Our team provides care and works with you to develop individualized treatment plans based on your specific needs so you can continue your life and work. Services include consultations on all substance use disorders including alcohol, opioids, stimulants, cannabis and tobacco.
- Board-certified specialty consultations
- Hepatitis C treatment and follow up
- Medication management including long acting options
- Coordination of counseling and case management
- Treatment of perinatal SUD disorder; partnering with the Maine MOM program
- Primary care for those with complex SUD
- Peer support specialty services
Our team is here to help you through the challenging transitions from illness to recovery, under the medical directorship of Lisa W Miller, MD, a fellowship-trained physician who works collaboratively with a compassionate team of multi-disciplinary professionals. Dr. Miller is board-certified in addiction medicine and family medicine.
Western Maine Primary Care is a Level Three Patient-Centered Medical Home - which means our focus is on YOU.
How a Patient-Centered Medical Home works for you:
We offer easy access to health care:
- Doctors can be reached around the clock
- You can get in touch with us by phone or through MyChart
- Same day appointments are available
- Extended office hours
We understand you:
- We learn about your health
- We listen to you about what is important
- We talk with you about your health care choices
- We help you understand your health conditions
- We offer you tools to help you take care of yourself
We organize your health care:
- We coordinate your care with specialists
- We talk to others involved in your care
- We share test results with you
How You and Your Health Care Team Can Work Together
- Give you time to ask questions and answer them in a way you understand. Make sure you know and understand all your choices for care.
- Help you choose what care is best for you.
- Ask for your feedback on the care you are getting from us.
- Talk with you about any testing or treatment you need.
- Help you to determine the right care at the right cost.
- Bring a list of medications with you.
- Ask us questions.
- Let us know if you are getting care from another doctor.
- Stop us if you don't understand something.
- Feel comfortable discussing all your healthcare concerns to get the best care possible.
- Improve communication by signing up for MyChart.
As the nation increasingly focuses on ways to provide safer, higher-quality care to patients, the overuse of health care resources is an issue of considerable concern. Choosing Wisely provides specific evidence-based recommendations physicians and patients should discuss to help make wise decisions about the most appropriate care based on their individual situation.
Learn more: Choosing Wisely
Does your doctor or family know what kind of medical care you want if you are too sick to tell them? Because a medical crisis can strike at any time or at any age it’s important for your family and healthcare providers to know how you want to be cared for in the event of a medical crisis.
A Licensed Clinical Social Worker from Stephens Memorial Hospital, is available to answer questions and provide the Advance Directives (Living Will) forms. Advanced care planning assistance is offered by calling 207-743-1562 ext. 6999.