Primary care is your first stop for health care. From newborns to the elderly, our compassionate physicians specialize in the overall health and wellness of all family members. Primary care providers (PCPs) have a broad range of expertise and play an important role in your everyday health care. Except for emergencies that require urgent medical attention, your PCP should be the first person you contact about a health concern. Your PCP can:
- Take care of routine medical problems such as aches, pains and colds
- Provide annual check-ups and other preventive care
- Diagnose and monitor chronic conditions
- Provide health education and prescriptions
- Refer you or your child to a specialist when needed
Choose a primary care provider who is the best fit for you and your family:
- Family medicine doctors have special training to provide medical care to patients of all ages. Family doctors can care for your entire family.
- Pediatricians are specially-trained to diagnose and treat children. Pediatricians also provide well-child visits.
- Internal medicine doctors, also known as internists, diagnose and provide treatment for adults.
- Family nurse practitioners are registered nurses with specialized training to deliver care that is focused on the family. They diagnose illnesses, preform exams and prescribe medicine. They work in primary and specialty care practices, such as cancer care, heart care or pain management.
Primary Care Locations
- Cape Elizabeth Internal Medicine
- Falmouth Family Medicine
- Falmouth Internal Medicine
- Lakes Region Primary Care
- Maine Medical Partners - Pediatrics
- Peaks Island Family Medicine
- Portland Family Medicine
- Scarborough Family Medicine
- Scarborough Internal Medicine
- Standish Primary Care
- Westbrook Family Medicine
- Westbrook Internal Medicine