Comprehensive Care for Better Heart and Vascular Health
Wherever your cardiovascular care journey takes you—routine diagnostics, emergency treatment, specialized surgery, or cardiac rehabilitation—we are here for you with compassionate, high-quality, patient-centric care. Pen Bay Medical Center (PBMC) cardiovascular services include:
- Cardiovascular Consultations
- Imaging & Diagnostics
- Cardiac Device Clinics and Management
- Cardiac Rehabilitation
- Anticoagulation services
- Vascular surgery and treatment
Cardiovascular consultations range from medication adjustments, diagnostic testing, and pacemaker evaluations, to lifestyle management and risk assessments. We also host heart device clinics for patients who use these devices to manage their heart rhythm problems. Electrophysiology technicians, under the guidance of cardiologists, will work with you to ensure optimal device function and condition management.
And through MaineHealth, Pen Bay Medical Center patients enjoy seamless access to a broad network of top heart specialists and surgeons using the latest technology to treat even the most complex cardiovascular conditions. Usually, recovery and rehabilitation care can happen close to home.
Local Service Locations
- Cardiovascular Services: Maine Medical Partners Cardiology specialists see adult inpatients and outpatients on the Pen Bay Medical Center campus at 4 Glen Cove Drive, Suite 108, Rockport, ME 04856. A board-certified cardiologist is available 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday and on call after hours and on weekends and holidays. For more information, call 207-596-6410.
- Cardiac Rehabilitation Services: Those who have experienced a major heart event or surgery may benefit from our nationally-certified cardiac rehabilitation program. Guided by a team of nurses, dietitians, respiratory therapists, diabetes educators, physical therapists and cardiologists, participants safely and gradually increase physical activity to regain strength and reduce the risk of future heart problems. Services are offered in the Betty R. Fisher Cardiac Rehabilitation Center on the main floor of Pen Bay Medical Center. For more information, call 207-301-8989.
- Anticoagulation Services: Under the leadership of Dr. Robert Stein, the Pen Bay Medical Center anticoagulation team helps patients avoid complications and hospitalizations related to anticoagulation therapy. Services include medication management and patient education to reduce bleeding and clotting. All team members have successfully completed the Anticoagulation Therapy Management Certificate Program from the University of Southern Indiana. For more information, call 207-301-8070.
- Vascular Services: The Vascular Lab at Pen Bay Medical Center has earned accreditation from the Intersocietal Accreditation Commission (IAC) in the areas of peripheral arterial disease, carotid disease, and venous disease. Our Vein Center, the only accredited facility in Maine, offers consultation, diagnosis and treatment services for varicose veins and venous disease. Treatments may include radio frequency ablation, sclerotherapy, phlebectomy and ligation. For more information, call 207-301-5737.
Your Heart, in Good Hands
Adults with newly diagnosed or chronic heart and vascular conditions need the focused care of specially-trained heart experts. That's why our board-certified physicians are trained in the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of cardiovascular disease. Here you’ll find the compassion of a true community hospital supported by advanced clinical technology and regional programs.
Awards & Recognition
MaineHealth Cardiovascular Programs:
If you are a provider who would like to refer a patient for MaineHealth cardiovascular services, please review our clinical guidelines and call 207-885-9905.
Cardiovascular Rehab at PBMC
Pen Bay Medical Center - Main floor
Mon, Wed, Fri: 7:00 am - 5:00 pm
Tues and Thu: 8:00 am - noon