Southern Maine Health Care - Primary Care
SMHC Primary Care is your first stop for health care. From newborns to the elderly, our compassionate physicians specialize in the overall health and wellness of all family members.
What is a primary care provider?
Primary care providers (PCPs) have a broad range of expertise and play an important role in your everyday health care. Except for emergencies that require urgent medical attention, your PCP should be the first person you contact about a health concern. Your PCP can:
- Take care of routine medical problems such as aches, pains and colds
- Provide annual check-ups and other preventive care
- Diagnose and monitor chronic conditions
- Provide health education and prescriptions
- Refer you or your child to a specialist when needed
How should I choose a PCP?
Choose a primary care provider who is the best fit for you and your family:
- Family Medicine Doctors have special training to provide medical care to patients of all ages, from infants to seniors. Family doctors can care for your entire family.
- Pediatricians are specially-trained to diagnose and treat children – from minor illnesses to more serious medical conditions. Pediatricians also provide well-child visits for the general health of infants, children, teenagers and young adults.
- Internal Medicine Doctors, also known as internists, diagnose and provide treatment for adults.
- Family Nurse Practitioners are registered nurses with specialized training to deliver care that is focused on the family. They diagnose illnesses, preform exams and even prescribe medicine. In addition to working in primary care practices alongside family doctors, they also may work in specialty areas, such as cancer care, heart care or pain management.
Internal Medicine - 46 Barra Road
Pediatrics - 9 Healthcare Drive
Family Medicine - 25A June Street
Pediatrics - 25A June Street
Family Medicine - 13 Industrial Park Road
Pediatrics - 13 Industrial Park Road
- Allison Kopelman, MD
- Maura Price, MD
Primary Care - 2 Livewell Drive, North Tower
- Harsharon Brar, MD
- Robert Carpenter, MD
- William Cullen, MD
- Elizabeth Del Prete, DO
- Kelly Hayday, MD
- Heather Schwemm, MD
- Paul Segal, DO
- Elizabeth Stockwell, DO
- Megan Bridgeo, PA
- Sara Cote, NP