Cardiovascular Care at MaineGeneral Health
Comprehensive Care for Better Heart and Vascular Health
Wherever your cardiovascular care journey takes you—routine diagnostics, emergency treatment, specialized surgery, or cardiac rehabilitation—we are here for you with compassionate, high-quality, patient-centric care. MaineGeneral cardiovascular services include:
- Cardiovascular Consultations
- Imaging & Diagnostics
- Cardiac Device Management
- Cardiac Rehabilitation
- Cardiac Catheterization
- Vascular Intervention and Surgery
Consultations range from medication adjustments, diagnostic testing, and pacemaker evaluations, to lifestyle management and risk assessments. And, through MaineHealth, MaineGeneral patients enjoy seamless access to a broad network of top heart specialists and surgeons using the latest technology to treat even the most complex cardiovascular conditions. Usually, recovery and rehabilitation care can happen close to home.
Local Service Locations
- Cardiac Services: MaineGeneral's cardiology department provides non-invasive adult inpatient and outpatient diagnostic testing of heart functions under the supervision of a cardiologist. The Thayer Center for Health in Waterville offers many of the same cardiac services as the Alfond Center for Health in Augusta. MaineHealth Cardiovascular physicians see patients at both locations. Click here for more information.
- Vascular Services: The MaineGeneral Vascular Laboratory is dedicated to studying, and diagnosing problems with, the flow of blood in the body through veins and arteries. Our lab is accredited by the Intersocietal Accreditation Commission (IAC) and we follow an international set of standards for testing using state-of-the-art equipment. Services are available at the Alfond Center for Health. Click here for more information.
- Cardiac Rehabilitation: People who have experienced a major heart event or surgery may benefit from the MaineGeneral cardiac rehabilitation program. Guided by a team of nurses, dietitians, respiratory therapists, diabetes educators, physical therapists and cardiologists, participants safely and gradually increase physical activity to regain strength and reduce the risk of future heart problems. Services are available in Augusta and Waterville. Click here for more information.
Your Heart, in Good Hands
Adults with newly diagnosed or chronic heart and vascular conditions need the focused care of specially-trained heart experts. That's why our board-certified physicians are trained in the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of cardiovascular disease. Here you’ll find the compassion of a true community hospital supported by advanced clinical technology and regional programs.