Aging & Senior Care
Our Approach to Care
At MaineHealth, our gerontology services are growing along with our aging population. We bring top-notch geriatric medicine, assisted living opportunities, and other healthcare services to meet the needs of elderly patients. Find a Geriatric Medicine Doctor from our directory of providers.
Care & Treatments
Getting Older Does Not Mean Giving up a Healthy Lifestyle
The MaineHealth family of providers:
- Coordinates senior care with family doctors and community providers.
- Strengthens existing programs and develops new ones serving our elder population.
- Supports caregivers assisting people with Alzheimer’s disease, dementia and other conditions.
- Offers a range of senior residential living opportunities and communities for all levels of independence, service and care.
- Emphasizes wellness through falls prevention and other programs that enable older adults to live safely and improve daily functioning.
- Connects elderly people with supportive and skilled care at home to regain or maintain their independence.
- Provides palliative care, hospice care and planning for end-of-life care.