Maine Medical Center offers expert behavioral health services to children, adolescents and adults in a professional and supportive environment. Our multidisciplinary team includes:
- Board-certified adult & child psychiatrists
- Post-graduate child & adolescent fellows
- Psychiatry residents
- Nurse practitioners
- Clinical nurse specialists
- Registered nurses
- Licensed neuro-psychologists
- Licensed psychologists
- Licensed clinical social workers
- Psychiatric assistants
- Employment specialists
- Social workers
- Medical students
- Psychiatric evaluation
- Individual therapy
- Family therapy
- Group therapy
- Intensive outpatient services for adults
- Partial hospitalization program for adults
- Medication management
- Telehealth services
- PCP consultations
- A referral from your PCP or family doctor is required, regardless of your insurance coverage. Please call 207-662-2221 and select the "new patient" option.
- We will call you to conduct a brief intake interview. We will ask you about your behavioral or emotional concerns, treatment goals, insurance coverage and basic demographic information.
- You will then be invited to schedule an appointment.
- For your first appointment, please remember to:
- Arrive 30 minutes early
- Bring your insurance card and co-payment
- Bring any information you have regarding previous testing, treatment and medications
Urgent Needs and Emergencies
If you are a current patient experiencing a mental health crisis and need to speak with someone prior to your next scheduled appointment:
- Call 207-662-2221 to leave a message for your provider (unless they have provided another contact method)
- If it is a life-threatening emergency, please go to your nearest emergency department or call 9-1-1.
Medication Refills: Current patients may call 207-662-2221 and select adult, child/adolescent, or geriatric prescription refills. Please leave your name, date of birth, medication name and preferred pharmacy. Please allow two business days to process requests.
Outpatient psychiatry consultations are provided to physicians, physician assistants and nurse practitioners as a one-time only appointment, referred by a physician to a physician.
For this service, please call 207-662-2221.
A licensed psychiatrist oversees the treatment of each individual receiving care from our professional team members.
No information about a patient’s treatment can be shared without that patient’s or guardian’s consent, except in a few circumstances. Learn more about patient rights.
The Department of Psychiatry meets Joint Commission Hospital and Behavioral Health accreditation standards, joining over 22,000 US health care organizations and programs. By meeting these standards, we assure the quality and integrity of our practice and treatment.
If you have any questions, concerns, or complaints about your care or safety, or experience situations that raise ethical questions, please discuss them with a member of your health care team. If these approaches do not lead to a satisfactory result, or if you would prefer not to discuss your concerns with these individuals, you may seek further help by calling Maine Medical Center Patient & Guest Relations at 207-662-2983.
If clinics are closed/delayed or opening/closing early to for weather or other unforeseeable circumstances, our reminder-call system will send a message to scheduled patients with this information.
Our telephone message will also reflect any changes to clinic operating hours. Local television stations WMTW Channel 8 and WGME Channel 13 will also communicate any office closures or delays.
If you are unsure if the office is open, please call before coming to your appointment.
Upon your request, our Patient Accounts Office will provide you with a list of fees for the services you or your family member have received. For your convenience, we also provide Financial Counselors to help you determine how to pay your bills.
The patient or their legal representative is responsible for all fees incurred for treatment at Maine Medical Center. We must receive complete and accurate information in order to determine your financial obligation and to properly bill your insurer. Please notify us if you have a change in your insurance or other information at check-in.
Co-payments are due when you check in for your appointment. If you do not make three consecutive co-payments, the office staff will review your status with your provider before another appointment is made. You will receive a statement at the end of each month listing the charges for the services you received. Payments are due within 30 days of receipt of the bill, unless other arrangements have been made.
- Cumberland County Crisis: 207-774-HELP (4357)
- Maine State Crisis hotline: 888-568-1112 Maine Crisis Hotline
- NAMI Maine Helpline 1-800-464-5767 (Press 1)
- Intentional Peer Support Warmline 1-866-771-WARM (9276)
- ULifeline for College Mental Health
- Crisis Text Line: Text HELLO to 741741
- Trans Lifeline: 1-877-565-8860
- Sage LBGT Elder Hotline: 1-888-234-SAGE (7243)
- Veterans Crisis Line: 1-800-273-8255, press 1
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
(Note: On July 16,2022 the 1-800-273 TALK will change to 988 as the new nationwide emergency number that will connect callers 24/7 to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline).