Western Maine Pediatrics
A Department of Stephens Memorial Hospital
Ripley Medical Office Building
193 Main Street
Norway, ME 04268
Western Maine Pediatrics is a Level Three patient-centered medical home, which means our focus is on YOU! We offer a complete range of care for infants, children and adolescents. Staffed with six board-certified pediatricians, two pediatric nurse practitioners and a team of clinical and administrative support staff, Western Maine Pediatrics is here for your child. From well-child care to bronchitis, sports physicals to asthma care, our highly trained and qualified medical staff provides compassionate, dynamic care.
Our practice would like to be available when you need us. We are now open Saturday and Sunday mornings from 8:00 am – 12:00 pm. We will do our best to schedule an appointment for your child that works best for you and your family. Weekdays, we are open Monday through Thursday - 8:00 am - 7:00 pm. and Fridays 8:00 am - 4:30 pm.
After Hours Availability
Western Maine Pediatrics provides after hours triage services through Citra Health. Parents/patients may call the office phone number 207-743-8766 to be directly connected to our on call triage service when the office is closed. Citra Health has direct access to our on-call physician, should a physician need to be consulted. If your child is having a medical emergency, you should call 911 or go to the nearest Emergency Room.
- Preventive Care: We promote annual well child visits. These visits help us monitor your child’s growth, development and behavior; screen for early signs of disease; and administer immunizations to prevent serious disease.
- Emotional Care: We offer screening tools and resources to identify and help parents treat the behavioral and/or emotional problems of the children and/or the family.
- Specialized Services: We offer a range of services for the evaluation, diagnosis and treatment of children and adolescents with chronic illnesses, including but not limited to, asthma, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, and obesity.
- Adolescent Health: We provide preventive guidance for teens and parents by evaluating and treating concerns such as breast health issues, menstrual problems, genital infections or pain, and contraceptive needs.
- Medication Management: We manage medications for many chronic conditions.
- It is very important that the physician who prescribed your child's medication also be the one to refill this medication. Because your child’s physician may be out of the office when your child is in need of a medication refill, it is important that you call our office when your child has one week’s worth of medication left and that you keep your regularly scheduled appointments with your physician.
The providers at Western Maine Pediatrics recommend that all children receive their childhood vaccinations based on the vaccination schedule outlined by the Centers of Disease Control, American Academy of Pediatrics, and Maine Vaccines for Children Program.
Making decisions on vaccinating your child can often leave you with questions, our medical staff is always available to discuss your questions or concerns 207-743-8766.
Information on Childhood Immunizations
School-based health centers (SBHCs) provide a variety of health care services to students at Oxford Hills Middle School (grades 7-8) and Oxford Hills Comprehensive High School (grades 9-12). SBHCs provide care while keeping students in school and learning, significantly reducing ER visits, absenteeism, and the burden on parents to miss work to seek care for children.
Students do not need to be a patient at Western Maine Health to enroll in the SBHC program. Our team will coordinate care and insurance coverage with your provider. Enrollment forms can be completed and submitted online by clicking on the link below. Printed forms may be completed and returned to the health center, the school nurse, or your child's homeroom teacher.
Maine State Immunization Program Recognition
Western Maine Pediatrics has been awarded recognition by the Maine State Immunization Program as one of 44 practices in the state of Maine that has achieved a 93% or greater rate of immunizations for our patients. This is part of the Healthy Maine Project to bring children up to age two up to date on their immunizations.
Our goal is to provide our patients with the most comprehensive care possible. Western Maine Pediatrics is a clinic site for Tooth Protectors of Lewiston Maine. Through this service we are able to offer our patients access to routine cleanings and sealants and even referrals to a dentist if needed.
Maine Behavioral Healthcare
Western Maine Pediatrics has partnered with Maine Behavioral Healthcare to provide our patients with counseling services right here in our office. We offer weekly brief solution focused therapy with a Licensed Clinical Social Worker three mornings each week.
Barbara Bush Children's Hospital
If your child needs specialized medical care, Western Maine Pediatrics and Stephens Memorial Hospital, will work with the Barbara Bush Children's Hospital at Maine Medical Center to meet your child's medical needs.