Western Maine Pediatrics
A Department of Stephens Memorial Hospital
Ripley Medical Office Building
193 Main Street
Norway, ME 04268
Western Maine Pediatrics is a Level Three Patient Centered Medical Home - which means our focus is on YOU! We offer a complete range of care for infants, children and adolescents. Staffed with four board certified pediatricians, a pediatric nurse practitioner and a team of clinical and administrative support staff, Western Maine Pediatrics is here for your child.
From well-child care to bronchitis, sports physicals to asthma care, our highly trained and qualified medical staff provides compassionate, dynamic care.
Monday - 8:00 am - 7:00 pm
Tuesday - 8:00 am - 7:00 pm
Wednesday - 8:00 am - 7:00 pm
Thursday - 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Friday - 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Saturday - 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Sunday - 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Our practice would like to be available when you need us. We are now open Saturday mornings from 8:00 am – 12:00 pm. We will do our best to schedule an appointment for your child that works best for you and your family.
After Hours Availability
Western Maine Pediatrics provides after hours triage services through Citra Health. Parents/patients may call the office phone number 207-743-8766 to be directly connected to our on call triage service when the office is closed. Citra Health has direct access to our on-call physician, should a physician need to be consulted.
If your child is having a medical emergency, you should call 911 or go to the nearest Emergency Room.
- Preventive Care: We promote annual well child visits. These visits help us monitor your child’s growth, development and behavior; screen for early signs of disease; and administer immunizations to prevent serious disease.
- Emotional Care: We offer screening tools and resources to identify and help parents treat the behavioral and/or emotional problems of the children and/or the family.
- Specialized Services: We offer a range of services for the evaluation, diagnosis and treatment of children and adolescents with chronic illnesses, including but not limited to, asthma, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, and obesity.
- Adolescent Health: We provide preventive guidance for teens and parents by evaluating and treating concerns such as breast health issues, menstrual problems, genital infections or pain, and contraceptive needs.
- Medication Management: We manage medications for many chronic conditions.
- It is very important that the physician who prescribed your child's medication also be the one to refill this medication. Because your child’s physician may be out of the office when your child is in need of a medication refill, it is important that you call our office when your child has one week’s worth of medication left and that you keep your regularly scheduled appointments with your physician.
Western Maine Pediatrics is a Level 3 Patient Centered Medical Home - which means our focus is on YOU.
How a Patient-Centered Medical Home works for you
We offer easy access to healthcare:
- Staff can be reached around the clock
- You can get in touch with us by phone or MyChart
- Same day appointments are available
- Extended office hours
- We learn about your child's health
- We listen to you about what’s important
- We talk about your child's health care choices with you and your child
- We help you understand your child's health conditions
- We offer you tools to help you take care of your child
We organize health care:
- We help with specialist appointments
- We talk to others involved in your child's care
- We share test results with you
How You and Your Healthcare Team Can Work Together
- Give you time to ask questions and answer them in a way you understand. Make sure you know and understand all your choices for care.
- Help you choose what care is best for you.
- Ask for your feedback on the care you are getting from us.
- Talk with you about any testing or treatment you need.
- Help you to determine the right care at the right cost.
- Bring a list of medications with you.
- Ask us questions.
- Let us know if you are getting care from another doctor.
- Stop us if you don’t understand something.
- Feel comfortable discussing all your healthcare concerns to get the best care possible.
- Improve communication by signing up for MyChart.
Western Maine Pediatrics takes pride in delivering top quality healthcare in a courteous and professional manner. If you would like to discuss your families healthcare experience with us, please call our Office Manager at 743-8766 or 1-800-773-8766.
The providers at Western Maine Pediatrics recommend that all children receive their childhood vaccinations based on the vaccination schedule outlined by the Centers of Disease Control, American Academy of Pediatrics, and Maine Vaccines for Children Program.
Making decisions on vaccinating your child can often leave you with questions, our medical staff is always available to discuss your questions or concerns 207-743-8766.
Information on Childhood Immunizations
Western Maine Pediatrics oversees and is able to collaborate on patient care with the two School Based Health Centers in the Oxford Hills School District. The centers, one at Oxford Hills Middle School and the other at Oxford Hills Comprehensive High School, are staffed by a Nurse Practitioner. The School Based Health Center offers acute and routine medical care for your adolescent in the convenient school locations.
Maine State Immunization Program Recognition
Western Maine Pediatrics has been awarded recognition by the Maine State Immunization Program as one of 44 practices in the state of Maine that has achieved a 93% or greater rate of immunizations for our patients. This is part of the Healthy Maine Project to bring children up to age two up to date on their immunizations.
Our goal is to provide our patients with the most comprehensive care possible. Western Maine Pediatrics is a clinic site for Tooth Protectors of Lewiston Maine. Through this service we are able to offer our patients access to routine cleanings and sealants and even referrals to a dentist if needed.
Maine Behavioral Healthcare
Western Maine Pediatrics has partnered with Maine Behavioral Healthcare to provide our patients with counseling services right here in our office. We offer weekly brief solution focused therapy with a Licensed Clinical Social Worker three mornings each week.
Barbara Bush Children's Hospital
If your child needs specialized medical care, Western Maine Pediatrics and Stephens Memorial Hospital, will work with the Barbara Bush Children's Hospital at Maine Medical Center to meet your child's medical needs.