Maine Medical Center’s Outpatient Adult Psychiatry clinic provides comprehensive mental health services to individuals who reside in Cumberland County.
The outpatient clinical team offers comprehensive, coordinated and evidence-based psychiatric care for individuals with complex psychiatric challenges. Treatment is focused on recovery, and helping individuals reach their full potential for functioning and quality of life.
As part of the MaineHealth Behavioral Health network, Maine Medical Center’s Outpatient Adult Psychiatry Clinic is committed to providing integrated treatment by:
- Caring for our community
- Educating and Training tomorrow's caregivers by serving as a training site for future behavioral health providers and therapists. As an affiliate of Tufts Medical School, the Clinic provides patient care experiences and clinical teaching to medical students. Our Psychiatry Residency program trains physicians to become specialists in the field. The Clinic offers training and supervision to master’s level social work interns, psychology trainees, and advanced practice nursing students.
- Researching new ways to provide care
Our clinic works collaboratively with other behavioral health providers in the MaineHealth system, including MaineHealth Medical Group Primary and Specialty practices, Maine Behavioral Healthcare, and Spring Harbor Hospital.
We embrace a recovery based philosophy of care, partnering with patients and their families to optimize life quality. We achieve this by:
- Providing expert comprehensive and coordinated team-based care
- Providing treatment that is informed by outcomes and evidence
- Committing to ongoing education and professional development of staff and trainees
- Embracing research as an integral part of our work
- Evaluating and allocating resources to meet defined patient population and trainee needs
Our multidisciplinary team of highly experienced professionals includes:
- Board Certified Psychiatrists
- Psychiatry Residents
- Nurse Practitioners
- Clinical Nurse Specialists
- Registered Nurses
- Licensed Neuropsychologists
- Licensed Psychologists
- Licensed Clinical Social Workers
- Psychiatric Assistants
- Vocational / Employment Specialists
- Social Work Interns
- Medical Students
The Outpatient Adult Psychiatry Clinic provides multiple types of service:
- Psychiatric Evaluation
- Medication Management
- Psychiatric Consultation
- Individual Therapy
- Family Therapy
- Group Therapy
- Telehealth Psychiatry and Therapy
- Consultation to primary care physicians and other medical specialists
Specialty Services include:
- Partial Hospital Program (PHP). PHP provides treatment for individuals who need intensive levels of support on a daily basis. Treatment is both an alternative to, and step down from, inpatient hospitalization.
- Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP). IOP is a specially designed program for individuals with co-occurring psychiatric and substance abuse challenge
We excel in the diagnosis and treatment of psychiatric and co-occurring disorders. We take pride in assisting local primary care physicians in delivering safe and effective mental health treatment for their patients with the best possible outcomes. Consultation provides professional diagnostic expertise and recommendations for further evaluation and treatment.
We partner with local primary care providers via consultation, liaison, and integration to deliver safe and effective mental health treatment in primary care settings. In consultation, we offer diagnostic expertise and treatment recommendations to primary care providers and their patients. When indicated, we offer recommendations for more specialized levels of care.