At Southern Maine Health Care, we know children of all ages deserve special attention. We offer child-friendly care designed to make all of our patients feel comfortable. We are committed to providing high-quality health care for infants through adulthood.
Choosing the right provider for your child
SMHC Pediatrics offers a FREE meet and greet with any of our providers, to help you choose the best healthcare professional for your child. Please call us to schedule an appointment.
We are here when you need Us
SMHC Pediatrics offers multiple options for care.
- Same-day appointments
- After-hours care - calls answered by pediatric nurses and a pediatrician on call
- Weekend Clinic - by appointment for SMHC Pediatric patients. Saturday and Sunday, 8am to noon at 9 Healthcare Drive in Biddeford.
- Walk-In Care - four convenient locations, open 7 days.
- Emergency Care - at our Medical Centers in Biddeford and Sanford, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
SMHC also partners with Maine Medical Center and the Barbara Bush Children's Hospital to provide the latest in pediatric care for children with the most serious medical conditions. As members of MaineHealth, we all share the same electronic medical record so your provider will be able to access your child's health record from any of these locations.
MyChart - Connect with us anytime online
We offer MyChart, a secure, online tool that lets you connect with your child's care team. Using a computer, tablet or smart phone, you can:
- Send a non-urgent message to your child's provider
- Request a prescription refill
- Request and view appointments
- View their immunization history
- And much more!
Ask for details on how to enroll at your next appointment.
Comprehensive, Specialized Care
SMHC's highly-trained pediatric providers offer specialized care from babyhood into young adulthood, including:
- Well-child check ups
- Lactation support
- Fluoride varnish, as part of the First Tooth Program
- Sports physicals
- Routine immunizations
- Care management of complex childhood conditions
- ADHD consultations
- Adolescent care
- Mental health support
Each practice team also includes a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) on staff who provides emotional support services designed especially for children and young adults.
Providing Compassionate Care for Your Child
Margaret Bordeau, DO
Donald Burgess, MD
Carrie Frost, MD
Lisa Gouldsbrough, DO
Katherine Harrod, MD
Alison Kopelman, MD
Christina Manning, MD
Carley Mejia, PA-C
Meredith Myers, CPNP
Stavro Nashi, CPNP
Cynthia Patraitis, DO
Joan Pelletier, DO
Maura Price, MD