Maine Medical Partners — Pediatrics is committed to keeping children healthy. Our pediatricians are part of The Barbara Bush Children's Hospital care team and we’re proud to be part of Tufts University School of Medicine, teaching pediatric residents at Maine Medical Center.
Our team provides preventive care, physical exams, treatment for illnesses and injuries, help with emotional or behavioral issues and connections to specialists when needed. Our South Portland office also offers adolescent and young adult care to meet the unique physical and emotional needs of teens and young adults (up to 25 years old).
Weekend Appointments Available
Contact your office to be seen between 8 am - 12 pm at our South Portland office on Saturday, Sunday and some holidays (except Thanksgiving and Christmas day). We’re here to answer your questions and to help you get the information you need to care for your family.
- Preventive Care: We promote annual well child visits. These visits help us monitor your child’s growth, development and behavior; screen for early signs of disease; and administer immunizations to prevent serious disease.
- Emotional Care: We offer screening tools and resources to identify and help parents treat the behavioral and/or emotional problems of the children and/or the family.
- Specialized Services: We offer a range of services for the evaluation, diagnosis and treatment of children and adolescents with chronic illnesses, including but not limited to, asthma, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, and obesity.
- Adolescent Health: We provide preventive guidance for teens and parents by evaluating and treating concerns such as breast health issues, menstrual problems, genital infections or pain, and contraceptive needs.
- Medication Management: We manage medications for many chronic conditions.
- It is very important that the physician who prescribed your child's medication also be the one to refill this medication. Because your child’s physician may be out of the office when your child is in need of a medication refill, it is important that you call our office when your child has one week’s worth of medication left and that you keep your regularly scheduled appointments with your physician.
Maine Medical Partners Pediatrics promotes routine Well-Child Visits. Well-Child Visits are exams that are important even when your child is healthy. Your child's doctor will evaluate your child's general health, growth and development. Well-Child Visits may include physical measurements, patient history, sensory screenings, behavioral assessments and planned procedures (immunizations, screening and other tests).
The providers at Maine Medical Partners Pediatrics recommend that all children receive their childhood vaccinations based on the vaccination schedule outlined by the Centers of Disease Control, American Academy of Pediatrics, and Maine Vaccines for Children Program.
Making decisions on vaccinating your child can often leave you with questions, our medical staff is always available to discuss your questions or concerns. Locate your office.
Information on Childhood Immunizations