LSVT BIG is an intensive physical and occupational therapy exercise program for people with Parkinson’s disease and other neurological disorders. An evidence-based treatment program that’s proven to help individuals living with Parkinson’s disease to improve major motor skills, including:
- Faster walking
- Bigger steps
- Better balance
- Increased trunk rotation
- Increased fine motor skills
- Increased activities of daily living
- Many people living with Parkinson’s disease have issues with recognizing the appropriate amount of effort to perform normal movements. LSVT is used to minimize or slow progression of the disease.
LSVT BIG requires a serious time commitment and a dedicated patient. Treatment consists of:
- 16 sessions (four consecutive days a week for four weeks)
- Individual one-hour sessions
- Daily homework practice
- Daily carryover tasks
High intensity output matters and your therapist will help to ensure you get the most out of the program.
For more information about that program, contact the Speech & Language Department at 207-505-4409.