Preventive Medicine Residency
The Preventive Medicine Residency at MMC is an ACGME approved program. It has the depth and breadth in clinical, educational, and advocacy arenas to prepare the next generation of Maine’s Physician Leaders.
Welcome to the Maine Medical Center Preventive Medicine Residency. Our objective is to train physicians as Leaders in Preventive Medicine. Our graduates will:
- Address population health needs by working within health systems and institutions, with policymakers, public health entities and clinical and patient advocacy groups
- Provide leadership within their clinical specialty, by using population-based, accountable approaches to care that reduce the incidence and burden of acute and chronic disease and injury
- Practice, master, and spread improvements in patient safety and quality of care
- Develop the skills needed to successfully advocate for preventive medicine in health care policy
- Enhance, through education, the effectiveness of healthcare and improve the health of Maine citizens
We have numerous academic and clinical partners and can tailor the educational program to meet your current and future professional goals within Preventive Medicine. Our program will give you training for a successful career in Clinical Preventive Medicine and Public Health.
Our two year program consists of:
- Academic course work leading to an MPH
- A practicum project working with mentors in your primary clinical specialty for impact on Quality, Safety and Population Health
- Clinical work in your primary clinical Specialty
- Public health engagement at the local and state-wide level
- Leadership curriculum providing skills to build collaborations across disciplines and with an emphasis on integrative medicine and health care disparities faced by Maine populations
Please look around the website and feel free to contact us for more information about whether added training in Preventive Medicine is right for you. We are confident that our ACGME approved program has the depth and breadth in clinical, educational, and advocacy arenas to prepare the next generation of Maine’s Physician Leaders.
Christina Holt, M.D., MSc