Maine Behavioral Healthcare offers outpatient counseling and therapy services for individuals, families and groups. We work with people of all ages, incomes and backgrounds. View locations.
Compassionate Care, Close to Home
There are times when everyone needs a helping hand to overcome sorrow, grief, stress or unhappiness due to every day strains. Those who struggle with serious and ongoing mental health or substance use issues may need regular support and counseling. Events such as violence, disaster, divorce or the death of a loved one can cause emotional and mental struggles. We offer help for:
- Addiction and substance use disorders
- Acute and chronic mental illness
- Aging adults
- Autism and Developmental Disorders
- Challenges faced by deaf and hard-of-hearing children and adults
- Depression and anxiety
- Family/couple relationships
- Family crises; including separation, divorce or death
- LGBTQ support
- Peer support
- Post-traumatic stress disorder and recovery from tragic events
- Sexual or physical abuse and other trauma
Learn more about how to refer a patient to Maine Behavioral Healthcare.
Center of Excellence in Autism and Developmental Disorders
The Center of Excellence in Autism and Developmental Disorders serves individuals and their families through a continuum of care—from inpatient to outpatient settings. Our specially-trained providers have expertise in the emotional and behavioral needs of people with autism and other development disorders. We use evidence-based practices designed to meet each patient's unique needs.
Other Services and Information
Group therapy is an effective way to support behavioral health needs. They are helpful in forming social connections that are needed for your wellbeing. Group therapy options change in order to meet the needs of our clients. They may include:
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy Skills
- Seeking Safety
- Chronic Pain
- The Busy Brain
- Parent Support
- Social Skills
Please talk with your provider to find out which group may work best for you.
We offer team-based appointments for individuals who receive mental health, therapy services and/or case management services. During these appointments patients will meet with their care team (the therapist and/or case manager and their psychiatry provider) during the same convenient visit.
Please talk with your provider to learn if a team may work best for you.
Group medication visits are regular one-hour group visits with fellow MBH clients and may be helpful for some people. It would take the place of a regular medication management appointment. Group visits have the added benefit of creating a supportive space within the group setting. These groups will be led by a Psychiatrist or Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner, along with a Medical Assistant.
Please talk with your provider to learn if a group mediation visit may work best for you.
Our staff are trained in the most effective, evidence-based, treatment methods, including:
- Child-Parent Psychotherapy (CPP)
- Child & Family Traumatic Stress Intervention (CFTSI)
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
- Modular Approach to Therapy for Children (MATCH)
- Multisystemic Therapy (MST)
- Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT)
- Motivational interviewing
- Seeking safety