Spring Harbor Hospital Services
At Spring Harbor, we are here to help you and your family with expert inpatient psychiatric care for adults, children and adolescents. Many of our patients experience serious depression, anxiety, psychosis or other mental illness, and may have a co-occurring substance use disorder. The Spring Harbor Hospital team is dedicated to providing compassionate care in a safe, welcoming environment.
More about our services
If a person is experiencing overwhelming feelings of depression, fear or anger - acute psychiatric care may be necessary. Ask yourself or loved one these questions:
- Does your depression or anxiety prevent you from functioning at home, work or school?
- Are you unable to sleep, eat or take care of personal hygiene?
- Is your alcohol, drug or medication use out of control?
- Are you having hallucinations?
- Do you think people are plotting against or trying to hurt you?
- Are you suicidal?
- Are others telling you that they are scared of or concerned for you?
If you are in crisis or suicidal, please call the Maine Crisis Hotline at 1-888-568-1112.
Spring Harbor Hospital accepts referrals from psychiatrists, crisis teams and/or emergency rooms. Learn more about how to make a provider referral. Please go to your nearest emergency room if you are in crisis, or call the Maine Crisis Hotline at 888-568-1112.
The multidisciplinary team evaluates each patient and carefully considers the best treatment to achieve patient safety, clinical improvement, and ultimately success in the community after leaving the hospital. We offer medication-based pharmacologic interventions and other therapeutic modalities as appropriate.