Patients and Visitors
NEW VISITOR RESTRICTIONS
Memorial Hospital has implemented temporary visitor restrictions to help prevent the spread of the COVID-19. Visiting hours are 3:00 pm-6:00 pm daily. Please review the policy before you arrive at our facilities.
Patient Safety at Memorial Hospital
Patient and care team safety remain our top priorities during the COVID-19 pandemic. Following are just a few of the ways you will be protected at our facilities:
- Safe Appointments: Learn more about new safety measures designed to protect you at all care locations.
- Expanded Hours: Primary care hours in the Mount Washington Rural Health Center have expanded to 7 am - 6 pm Monday through Friday and 9 am to 1 pm on Saturdays. This allows for more time between patients, increased physical distance, and thorough exam rooms cleaning between patients.
- Almost no Waiting: The need for patient waiting areas has been almost totally eliminated. If you have an appointment, you may be directed to call a phone number when you arrive at the hospital to begin the check-in and screening process. Then, you will either be directed inside for your appointment, or asked to wait briefly in your vehicle.
- Enhanced Cleaning: Memorial Hospital exam rooms, procedure rooms, and common areas are always frequently cleaned. Now, we are cleaning these areas even more frequently including careful cleaning of exam and procedure rooms after each patient use. Inpatient hospital rooms are also receiving more frequent cleaning.
- Increased use of Telehealth Services: Some appointments can be completed without the leaving your home or place of work. Telehealth services are great for follow-up visits, medication questions or refills, and other circumstances. Ask your scheduler for information or learn more about telehealth here.
- Remote Communications: Patients may use their cell phones and access to the Memorial WiFi system for video calls and other online communications. Computer tablets are also available for use in hospital patient rooms and at the Merriman House if needed for video calls with family or clergy.
- Increased use of MyChart: MyChart is your electronic connection to Memorial Hospital and MaineHealth. Through the MyChart patient portal, you can schedule an appointment, request medication refills, access lab results, request medical records, and more. Creating a MyChart account is easy. Just select “Sign Up Now." You will need to know your birth date, the last four digits of your social security number, and have a 15-digit activation code from your most recent visit or activation letter. Don’t have an activation code? You can request a code right from the registration page.