Together with neurosurgery and neurology, neuroradiology is a key component of the Neuroscience Institute. Maine Medical Center's Board certified neuroradiologists provide exceptional expertise when it comes to the diagnosis and characterization of abnormalities of the central and peripheral nervous system, spine, and head and neck.
Fellowship-trained at world-class institutions around the country, our subspecialists bring more than a half-century of combined experience to their integral role in clinical decision-making. As part of the region's leading tertiary referral center, they see some of the most complex cases in Maine, New Hampshire and beyond, and routinely perform some of the most advanced imaging studies available today.
- Our investment in leading-edge diagnostic imaging equipment ensures the highest possible imaging quality.
- The daily multidisciplinary collaboration among our neurosurgeons, neurologists and neuroradiologists cultivates a collegial environment with open communication that extends to the referring physician.
- Our mature Picture Archiving and Communications System (PACS) serves as a regional resource that enables rapid image sharing and interpretation, helping to speed diagnosis.
Among the neurological diagnostic imaging modalities available at Maine Medical Center are:
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
- Magnetic resonance spectroscopy (MRS)
- Computed tomography (CT)
- Computed tomography angiography (CTA)
- Myelography, including fluoroscopic-guided lumbar procedures