Assertive Community Treatment (ACT)
What is it?
Assertive Community Treatment (ACT) is an intensive community based (outpatient) treatment program with a multi-disciplinary team of providers that supports eligible adults and children who may have a major mental illness diagnosis and often co-occurring disorders. The goal of the ACT Program is to improve the client’s functioning in the least restrictive setting, while strengthening family, work, school and community ties.
- Peer Support services
- Psychiatric evaluation
- Medication management
- Individual, family and group therapy
- Intensive case management
- Substance abuse treatment services
- Crisis stabilization services
- Vocational support services
The multi-disciplinary team includes a psychiatric provider, registered nurse, case manager, therapist, and an employment specialist. The client has access to support 24/7 for crisis needs. The ACT Program is based on national standards and is intended to prevent psychiatric hospitalization and criminal justice involvement.
Make a Referral
If you are a healthcare professional looking to refer a client to the ACT Program, please Click Here.
The ACT Program provides a safe and confidential environment where clients can:
- Receive the highest quality individual and group therapy services
- Be connected to resources in the community and help navigate the social service system
- Receive individualized treatment from a team of providers in a therapeutic environment
- Community based
- Intensive support
- Based on client strengths and needs
- Long-term commitment to care
- Multi-disciplinary professional team
- Less restrictive
- Crisis stabilization
- Help with housing, employment and finances
The ACT team works together to provide you with the highest quality of care. Rather than having multiple services from multiple agencies and provider, all your mental and behavioral health needs are addressed by the multi-disciplinary team, who meet several times per week to collaborate and discuss how to provide individualized treatment.
ACT CORE Program
66 Baribeau Drive
Brunswick, ME 04011
ACT Biddeford Program
2 Springbrook Drive
Biddeford, ME 04005
ACT Springvale Program
474 Main Street
Springvale, ME 04083