Cardiovascular Services at MaineHealth
MaineHealth aims to achieve the best possible outcomes for cardiovascular patients through a consistent approach to care across all care settings. We use evidence-based clinical pathways, clinical decision tools and comprehensive patient care plans that provide a clear path forward - including self-care. Please use the evidence-based tools and resources listed below.
MaineHealth Heart Failure Tools
- Heart Failure (New Diagnosis) Referral Guideline
- Heart Failure (Chronic) Referral Guideline
- Healing Hearts, Heart Failure Education Guide
- MaineHealth Heart Failure Zone Chart
- MaineHealth Water Pill Guide
- MaineHealth Home Health Diuretic Protocol
- MaineHealth SNF Heart Failure Protocol
- Home Heart Failure Protocol-Audio Introduction
- Vascular Surgery Referral Guidelines
- Acute & Chronic Lower Extremity Ischemia Guidelines
The clinical guidelines and policies on this page assist clinicians in standardizing the evaluation, diagnosis, and care of patients, with the goal of achieving optimal outcomes. The guidelines translate national recommendations and the best available evidence into local context. Adherence to these guidelines should limit unwanted or unintended variation in practice, but guidelines are not meant to be prescriptive. The clinician retains the responsibility to select the appropriate guideline for a particular patient and to use the guideline to the extent that it serves the individual patient. Any given approach must be carefully considered with each individual patient to ensure that an effective "shared decision making" process is in place, reflecting the patient's personal wishes, medical history, and family history.