We’ve built an entire department around the practice of one-on-one care and open provider-to-patient conversation. Real dialogue and a real connection that’s centered around you. The Pen Bay Women's Health team excels at explaining, listening and responding to whatever comes up. We treat the whole you. Head to toe.
Learn more about the Birth Center at Pen Bay Medical Center.
Let's talk about it
Fertility. Birth options. Sexuality. Health risks. Emotional health. Hormone replacement therapy, or not. Sexually Transmitted Infections. Birth control. If it has to do with you and your body, we’re here to talk about it. At all stages of your life.
We offer a midwifery model of care with a holistic, family-centered approach. Our team consists of four certified nurse midwives (CNMs) who support mothers in the birthing process in partnership with three board-certified OB/GYN physicians. In addition, there are four board-certified pediatricians available and on-call at all times.
The hospital consists of a team of experienced, caring and supportive registered nurses including: nurses nationally certified in the OB/GYN specialty; board certified lactation consultants; certified child passenger safety technicians; childbirth educators and a certified hypnobirthing practitioner.
- Pre-conceptional counseling
- Infertility/family planning
- Pregnancy testing, options and counseling
- Miscarriage support & counseling
- Accredited Ultrasonography on site
- Collaborative Care for high-risk pregnancies
- Integrated behavioral health specialist, specific to Women’s Health
Birth options and services provided:
- Private labor & delivery suites with tubs
- Family-centered birth & C-section experiences; skin-to-skin encouraged the first hour post-delivery
- Hydrotherapy & water birth
- Anesthesia services
- Regularly scheduled breastfeeding, birthing, sibling classes & support groups
- Postpartum clinics & well baby visit, within 48 hours of discharge
- All state mandated newborn screenings (hearing, cardiac & newborn blood spot)
- Safe & secure environment for you & your baby
- Breastfeeding support & breast pump rental program
- Car seat checks & rental program
From routine annual check-ups to the most advanced specialty care, our OBGYN providers are highly specialized in the diagnosis, care and treatments of women’s health issues, from pre-adolescence into the mature years.
- Women’s health and wellness—doctors & certified nurse midwives available
- Pelvic exams
- Cervical cancer screening
- Breast health, education & support
- Gynecologic surgery
- Menopause management and support both traditional, i.e. hormones & non-traditional, i.e. herbal supplement information
- Pelvic floor support both surgical & non-surgical
- Accredited gynecologic ultrasonography on-site
We offer confidential, one-on-one services and education to inform and promote positive sexual health. We offer same-day appointments with access to a lab, ultrasound and imaging, if needed.
- Family planning
- Contraception management
- Adolescent care
- Sexually Transmitted Infections (STI) testing
- Same day appointments available
- Always confidential and private
Please visit our pediatrics page for more information.
Visit our support group page for a full list.
Our OB/GYNs are dedicated to providing women all gynecological and obstetrics needs for women's health.