Maine Medical Partners – Neurology is the most complete neurological practice in Maine. We care for adults and, together with The Barbara Bush Children’s Hospital, also treat neurological conditions in children. Our mission is to serve our patients at the highest levels of professionalism and compassion.
Our neurologists are Board certified, and each understands the specific needs and concerns of patients with neurological problems. Everyone at Maine Medical Partners – Neurology believes that our patients deserve the most clinically advanced and sensitive treatment possible.
We have an MRI department staffed by registered MRI technicians and patient service coordinators who work with neurology and neurosurgery patients. Our technicians perform vascular, neurological and orthopedic imaging for more than 250 patients a month. In most instances, they provide test results within one day.
We treat patients suffering from conditions such as migraines, multiple sclerosis, Parkinson's disease, Alzheimer's disease and other dementias, stroke, spasticity, epilepsy, nerve and muscle disorders, and movement disorders. Our specially trained providers offer critical neurological testing at our office in Scarborough, and they go to great lengths to make our patients comfortable.
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Electroencephalogram (EEG) 24-Hour & 72-Hour
- Electromyography (EMG)
- Electronystagmography (ENG)
- Multiple sclerosis
- Parkinson's Disease
- Vertigo and Balance Disorders
We also offer our patients the following treatment and services:
- Botulinum toxin therapy
- Carotid Doppler/ultrasound
- Cerebrovascular disease (stroke/TIA)
- Developmental delay
- Evoked potentials
- Intrathecal baclofen pump (IBT) management
- Learning disorders
- Memory disorders
- Movement disorders
- Neuromuscular disease /nerve injury
- Peripheral nerve and muscle
- Spina Bifida Program
- Transcranial Doppler
- Vagal nerve stimulation (VNS)
- Video/EEG monitoring (Digitrace)
In addition, we are the only group in Maine to offer:
- A pediatric and young adult neurological practice
- A Multiple Sclerosis Center of Excellence
- On-site EEGs and video EEG monitoring