BBCH Specialty License Plate
You Drive, Kids Thrive!
“My son, J.J.’s, medical journey has not been an easy one, but we are thankful for BBCH every day. Seeing those BBCH plates on the road always brings a smile to our faces. To think that that family is part of the reason J.J. is able to receive such amazing care or able to enjoy the extra surprises that help make long hospital stays more bearable! They may not know our family personally, but they care enough to help J.J. and all the kids at BBCH. It means the world to our family to have those signs of support as we drive to the hospital.” –Kelly Capener, J.J.’s mom
PASSENGER PLATES: BBCH passenger plates are now available for your personal vehicle at every local Motor Vehicle Branch Office, online, and at select Town Offices. Thank you for helping us to support and honor the children, families, and staff at Maine’s only children’s hospital with this plate!YOUR PLATE MAKES A DIFFERENCE! As of October 2022, the BBCH passenger plate has raised $538,000 in much-needed funds, helping our care team to do so much more for our patients. Funds raised directly support BBCH pediatric programs and services such as:
- Child Life Program support
- Pediatric MRI Entertainment System
- Car Seat Program
- Safe Sleep Cribs and Education
- “Angel” Ambulances
- New Therapeutic Hypothermia Equipment
- Breastmilk Refrigerators
- Telemedicine Pilot Programs & Expansion
Show J.J. and all of our patients and families how much you care by registering for a plate today!
Our thanks to Saco & Biddeford Savings Institution, our Premier Sponsor!
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes! As long as your vanity plate number includes no more than six numbers or letters and a dash or space. (EXCEPTION: If the vanity plate is duplicated in another Maine license plate style option, it will not be available. This is a statute designed to eliminate potential risk of misidentification).
Sadly, no. Low digit and out-of-rotation plate numbers are any plate numbers between 1 through 9999 and 1A - 99A through 1ZZ - 99ZZ.
First off, THANK YOU!!! Now, some other ways to help:
- Please encourage your family, friends, and co-workers to purchase a BBCH plate, too!
- ‘Like’ the BBCH Facebook page and share our license plate posts.
- If you have any additional ideas about how we can register more people- we’d love to hear from you! Please contact Matt Parks at firstname.lastname@example.org or 207-662-6111.