Advanced Practice Provider - Critical Care Residency
The MaineHealth Advanced Practice Provider - Critical Care residency program provides newly-graduated APPs with:
- Formal critical care curriculum and assessments
- Critical care simulation, didactic and inter-professional learning opportunities
The Maine Medical Center (MMC) learning environment is rich with learners including physicians, pharmacists and nurses. There is an emphasis on team-based care throughout our patient care settings. Faculty take pride in educating and mentoring new critical care APPs and working to ensure an optimal inter-professional learning environment.
MMC is located in beautiful Portland, ME with easy access to Casco Bay, walking, running and biking trails as well as the White Mountain National Forest. The city offers a myriad of restaurants with local and international cuisines, breweries, concert venues, art, history and shopping.
Advanced Practice Providers at MMC
APPs make up 40% of the medical staff, practicing in every service line and department. They support the academic, clinical and research missions of MMC. Through their practice, APPs embody and demonstrate MaineHealth core values. Many APPs also:
- Work with resident teaching services
- Participate in preceptorship of APPs
- Participate in quality and safety improvement projects
- Participate in clinical research projects