Autism and Developmental Disorders
Care for Children & Adolescents
Maine Behavioral Healthcare offers inpatient developmental disorder services at Spring Harbor Hospital in Westbrook, Maine and outpatient services at the Center for Autism & Developmental Disorders (CADD) in South Portland. Children at the hospital receive education from Spring Harbor Academy, a private, special-purpose school located on site.
Care for Adults
A wide range of support is offered to MaineCare-eligible adults with intellectual disabilities at the Lancaster Street office in Portland. The program is licensed through the Office of Aging and Disability Services (OADS). Case managers work closely with individuals, family members or guardians and offer planning and support with:
- Social security, food stamps, MaineCare and financial management
- Managing medical, dental, vision, and psychiatric appointments
- Vocational planning and rehabilitation
- Building community connections through volunteering, leisure/fitness/recreation groups, and education
- Housing and other MaineCare services
- Guardianship, living wills, special needs trusts and more
You must be at least 18 years of age and receiving MaineCare to be eligible. Eligibility for case management service is determined by the Office of Aging and Disability Services, division of the Department of Health and Human Services. Questions? Contact the DHHS regional office in your area at 207-822-2225 and ask to speak to a developmental services intake worker.