Resources for Individuals and Family Members
How can we help?
It takes courage to begin treatment for a mental health issue and we want to make the journey as stress free as possible.
Comprehensive Service Directory
As an integral part of the MaineHealth system of care, we're pleased to share our complete directory that will help you understand a variety of health care topics.
Some of the more common mental health topics include:
An online resource for those who are providing support to a loved one or friend who has mental illness.
One-stop access to mental health information
Maine Chapter of the National Alliance on Mental Illness
Support groups, discussion groups, a Family-to-Family course, peer education, advocacy and more
National Alliance on Mental Illness
Fact sheets on a variety of mental health topics
Consumer Council System of Maine
A Voice for Consumers of Mental Health Services
National Institute of Mental Health
Helpful Publications from NIMH
Treatment Advocacy Center
Dedicated to eliminating barriers to the effective treatment of mental illness
National Association of School Psychologists
Resources for Families on Home, School, Behavior, Anxiety, Mental Health, etc.
As a division of Maine Behavioral Healthcare, Spring Harbor Hospital offers patients a pleasant environment for psychiatric treatment. If you are unsure of what to expect, please use our resources to guide you. Please note that selecting these links will bring you to the Spring Harbor Hospital portion of our website.
- Welcome packet
- Packing list
- Employment services
- Family Information Packet
- What to expect when visiting the hospital
- Accommodations and transportation
If you have a grievance
While we are always striving to improve our services, please let us know if you have concerns or are not satisfied.
Below are some options you may find helpful:
- Talk with your clinician, case manager, or their supervisor about your concern
- If you feel uncomfortable talking with your clinician or case manager, and/or their supervisor, or are not satisfied with the outcome, please contact:
Patient Relations Coordinator
Maine Behavioral Healthcare
123 Andover Road
Westbrook, ME 04092
- You also have the right to contact the Maine State Department of Health and Human Services, Division of Licensing and & Regulatory Services at 207-287-9300 or 1-800-383-2441 (voice) or TTY Users: Dial 711 (Maine Relay).
You can reach them by mail at:
Dept. of Health and Human Services Division of Licensing
41 Anthony Avenue, 11 State House Station
Augusta, ME 04333-0011
In Maine, Disability Rights Maine (DRM) is another resource for rights protection and advocacy services. DRM can be contacted at 1-800-452-1948 (V/TTY), or by mail: P.O. Box 2007, Augusta, ME 04333