The Women's Center
Our team of midwives and doctors is here to support you. From puberty through menopause—we provide comprehensive women's health and wellness services, close to home. Making an appointment is easy and we can usually schedule you within a day or two.
Health and wellness for women of all ages
After childhood, regular visits with a women's health care provider are an important part of taking care of your health. The compassionate staff at our Women's Health Center are experts in women’s health care. We believe in patient-centered care and are committed to listening carefully to your concerns. Working together, we can help you prevent illness, meet your health goals, and greet each new phase of life with confidence.
Women's Health Services
- Routine gynecological exams
- Preventive screenings
- Breast exams and mammogram referrals
- Birth control and sexual health
- Education and counseling
- Urinary tract infection testing and treatment
- STD testing and treatment
- Pregnancy and birth
- Menopause and healthy aging
Whether you have a specific health concern, or just need a routine wellness exam, we look forward to seeing you!
The transition from puberty to adulthood can be challenging but also empowering. Our team will be by your side as you learn to care for yourself and your body. You can talk about it all (confidentially, of course) with our knowledgeable and understanding providers.
Your changing body
We can help you with:
- Menstruation and issues related to your periods (heavy bleeding, bleeding that happens more than once a month, or painful cramps)
- Birth control options
- Questions about your sexual health (nothing is too embarrassing to ask, we promise!)
- Testing for and information about sexually transmitted diseases
- Annual exams
- Vaginal infections (uncomfortable itching or burning or unpleasant odor)
- Urinary tract infections
- Emotional issues and other challenges
You can trust our knowledgeable team to provide gentle, individualized care during your pregnancy and birth. We will make sure you and your family get the support and education you need to have the best possible birth experience.
Nationally-recognized maternity care
LincolnHealth - Miles Campus was the first hospital in Maine and the fifth in the nation to be designated Baby Friendly by the World Health Organization (WHO). Our holistic care team includes midwives, doctors, pediatricians, labor/delivery nurses and a support coach. And, as part of the MaineHealth network, we offer seamless care coordination with the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit at Maine Medical Center, if needed.
Your birth. Your way.
We can help you with:
- Childbirth education
- Counseling to improve your health prior to pregnancy
- Infertility screening and initial support to help you to conceive if needed
- Pregnancy testing
- Judgment-free pregnancy options and counseling
- Pregnancy loss and miscarriage support and care
- Prenatal care
- Congenital conditions
- Collaborative care for high-risk pregnancies
- Help with depression or anxiety that occurs during pregnancy or after your baby is born
Your birth plan and experience:
- Private labor, delivery and postpartum suites
- Family-centered vaginal birth and c-section experiences
- Skin-to-skin snuggle and bonding time with your baby
- Water birth options, plus use of a tub or shower for comfort during labor
- Pain relief options: from epidurals to nitrous oxide to big doses of support and encouragement - we meet you where you are
After your baby arrives:
- Postpartum visits at two days, two weeks and six weeks
- Breastfeeding, birthing, and sibling classes and support groups (free for families having their baby at LincolnHealth)
- Breastfeeding coaching and new baby support from our nurses and providers - including additional visits for breastfeeding support if needed
- Screening and treatment for postpartum depression and anxiety
- Pediatrician referrals
Learn more about LincolnHealth – Miles Maternity
For women, adulthood is also a time of growth and change – kids growing up, sometimes a new relationship or even a new baby. This is also a time when women may experience new health challenges, including perimenopausal symptoms.
Adult Women's Health
We can help you with:
- Annual exams and screening for cervical cancer (pap smears), breast cancer and sexually transmitted infections
- Birth control including permanent options along with long-acting alternatives like IUDs and arm implants
- Changes in your periods including “flooding” or very heavy periods as well as other symptoms of the start of menopause (perimenopause)
- Pelvic pain and/or pain during sex
- Urinary problems (infections or leaking of urine when you cough or sneeze)
- Yeast infections
- Vaginal dryness and irritation
- Breast cancer screening and mammograms
- Surgery, if needed
Our doctors can also consult and offer second opinions on surgeries or other recommended treatments related to women's health.
Our expert doctors and nurses provide gentle and respectful care for older women. We can help you recognize signs of menopause and assist you with the symptoms you may experience as your body goes through this important transition.
Good health at any age
We can help you with:
- Annual women’s health exams and screening for cervical cancer (“pap smears”)
- Annual mammograms, breast exams and breast care
- Sexuality and aging including pain during sex, vaginal dryness or irritation
- Hot flashes, sleep disturbances and other challenges of menopause
- Bone health and osteoporosis
- Pelvic pain
- Surgeries as needed or second opinions and consultations if surgery has been recommended
- Vaginal bleeding after menopause
- Leaking urine or frequent need to use the bathroom that interferes with your activities or exercise
- Pessaries and management of uterine prolapse
Our team of doctors, certified nurse midwives and support staff are here for you. We have assembled a special team that includes a dedicated triage nurse; a social worker who is able to support your emotional health; welcoming and hard-working medical assistants and our helpful patient service representatives.
Our clinicians include:
Dr. Robert Howard
When Rob isn’t spending time with his wife and four accomplished daughters he can be found cheering on the Patriots or the Red Sox. He can build anything with Legos.
Stacey Rees, Certified Nurse Midwife
In her other life Stacey is a hockey mom working toward creating a thriving homestead.
Dr. Deborah Eisenberg
Weather permitting Deb can usually be found rowing on a lake. She loves traveling with her family and dog, Griffin.
Monika Gulyas, Certified Nurse Midwife
Monika has a passion for old and vintage fabrics and loves sewing in her crafting studio.
Amanda Lovejoy, Licensed Clinical Social Worker
Amanda loves spending time with her family and pets. She enjoys reading, crafts, and being outside.