LincolnHealth Miles Maternity
LincolnHealth - Miles Campus was the first hospital in Maine and the fifth in the nation to be designated Baby Friendly by the World Health Organization (WHO).
Our mission is to create a safe and supportive atmosphere for childbirth. We recognize that birth is a normal and natural event. Women give birth in a relaxed, comfortable environment with the support of family and friends. Our goal is for you to have the best possible birth experience, with the information, education and supportive care you need as well as time to enjoy your new baby with family and friends.
We believe the support and role-modeling a family sees during pregnancy and the birth experience can have a life-long effect. We endeavor to enhance their experience through education, role-modeling and by allowing the family to be in control of their birthing experience.
We believe that teaching and helping a woman to understand her body, the process of pregnancy, childbirth and how to nurture her newborn helps build strong, healthy bonds.
- You are involved in your health care decisions.
- You labor, give birth and complete your hospital stay in a private room.
- Your baby stays with you in your room.
- Your nurse cares for both you and your baby.
- A cot is provided for your support person.
- You order your meals from our Café.
- Family and friends are welcome to visit on your schedule.