COVID-19 vaccination is fast and easy
Whether you have a pre-scheduled appointment or plan to visit one of our walk-in clinics, please review this page before you arrive.
Before your appointment
- Call 1-877-780-7545 to cancel or reschedule your appointment if:
- You are unable to come at the scheduled date and time
- The appointment date is less than 14 days from when you received a positive COVID-19 test result or had a confirmed COVID-19 exposure
- Read the MaineHealth Vaccine Consent Form. If possible, please bring a signed copy of the form to your appointment. If you are under 18, your parent or legal guardian must sign the form. If you cannot bring a printed copy, we will provide one at the clinic.
- Plan to arrive 5 minutes early and to stay for 15-30 minutes.
- A 15 minute observation period is required.
- People with a history of allergies or other concerns will be monitored for 30 minutes.
- Friends and family members will need to wait outside unless you are a minor, or require mobility or language assistance.
- Wear loose clothing that provides easy access to your upper arm.
- Complete the CDC Pre-Vaccination Checklist. If you answer “yes” to any of the questions, ask your primary care physician to help you decide whether you should receive the vaccine.
- Review the Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna and Janssen vaccine fact sheets.
- If you are age 18 or over, we cannot predict which vaccine you will receive on the day of your appointment.
- People under the age of 18 will receive the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine.
- Your health insurance card if you have one (insurance is not required to get vaccinated)
- Your CDC COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card (if you have one)
During your appointment
- Leave large bags and backpacks at home or in your vehicle.
- A MaineHealth care team member will screen you for COVID-19 symptoms.
- You must be symptom free for at least 48 hours immediately prior to your vaccination.
- You will need to wear a mask over your nose and mouth at all times. View CDC masking guidelines.
- You will be asked to sign the MaineHealth Vaccine Consent Form. Please read and sign it in advance, if possible.
- The vaccine will be provided at no cost to you, regardless of insurance coverage.
After your appointment