COVID-19 rapid antigen tests for at-home self testing are available at most local pharmacies. If you develop mild symptoms, or are exposed to someone with COVID-19, consider doing a self-test.
If You Test Positive
- Please stay home. There is no need to confirm the test results, unless advised by your provider.
- If you are a MaineHealth patient, log in to your MyChart account to report your positive test result.
- If you have symptoms that concern you, please call your primary care provider.
Learn more about self-testing at home.
Learn more about how to treat mild COVID illness at home.
A PCR test is a mid-turbinate nasal swab test done by a clinician. PCR testing is currently available at MaineHealth for people who:
- Have COVID-19 symptoms; or
- Require a PCR test to return to school or work after a high risk exposure; or
- Require testing prior to a procedure/surgery/hospital admission at MaineHealth
If you test positive with an at-home test, please stay home and call your doctor. There is no need to confirm the test at an emergency room or walk-in clinic, unless you develop severe symptoms.
Schedule a Test
MaineHealth PCR test results are generally available within 24-48 hours. Results will be shared via MyChart, the MaineHealth patient portal.
Visit mychart.mainehealth.org to learn more, register for a MyChart account, or request MyChart account access for a person under age 18.
Coverage varies by insurance provider. Check with your insurance carrier to confirm covered benefits under your plan.
NorDx offers PCR testing for people who have no active COVID-19 symptoms
Schedule a Test
Test results are sent via secure email and are generally available within 48-72 hours.
The patient cost for a NorDx COVID-19 test is $110.