Donations & Volunteering
We appreciate your interest in supporting the children at The Barbara Bush Children’s Hospital. We are grateful for your donation as it helps us to provide a warm and welcoming environment to our patients and families. Your donation supports our patients and families during the holiday season as well as year round. During December we aim to create a fun and safe holiday experience for our patients and families while they are in the hospital. In addition, we use donations to provide therapeutic activities and programming throughout the year. For infection control reasons the following guidelines for donations apply:
In-Person Drop-Offs at BBCH Will be allowed this year, with safety modifications in place. We are not able to invite visitors inside the hospital, but our team would be happy to schedule a curbside delivery with ONE member of your family/organization (no groups). You must RSVP 24 hours in advance to arrange this, using this Sign Up Genius for a donation drop off in December 2021
General Guidelines for All Gifts/Donations
- Donations must be brand new and in original packaging
- We are unable to accept any used or handmade items
- Due to hospital infection control and safety practices, we are not able to accept stuffed animals
- We are a fragrance free environment and cannot accept items with a fragrance (i.e. lotions or lip balm)
- Please do not gift wrap your donation
- If donated items do not meet our guidelines, we will redistribute them to other local charities
For a list of ideas as well as options for shopping locally in Portland please see our BBCH 2021 Wish List or our Amazon Wish List. If you are interested in making a donation or need tips or ideas, please contact the Child Life Manager at 207-662-2424 or at email@example.com.
Due to an increase in Covid-19 cases, we are temporarily suspending onboarding of adult volunteers. Please check back to the Maine Medical Center Volunteer webpage Volunteers for when the application link is back and we have resumed normal operations.