Apply & Contact
Thinking of applying for a Sports Medicine Fellowship? Take a look at the AMSSM Fellowship Field Manual.
- Completion of ACGME Accredited Residency in Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, Pediatrics, Emergency Medicine, PM&R
- MMC supports J-1 Visas but does not sponsor H-1 visas
- Participation in the NRMP match
- Participation in ERAS
- Personal Statement
- Three letters of recommendation from physicians who have supervised you in a clinical setting
- Curriculum Vitae
- Signed AMSSM Code of Ethics
Documentation of all cited/pending publications and invited regional and/or national presentations. Absence of any required materials will delay the review of your application.
Acceptable documents are:
- A copy of the first page of the published article or
- A copy of the manuscript itself or
- A copy of the meeting program, listing your presentation or
- A copy of an acceptance letter from a journal or from meeting organizers
Application Deadline: September 30th of current year
MMC Sports Medicine Fellowship Program follows the NRMP timeline and for those selected for interviews.
- Must receive completed applications by September 30th of current year
- Interview period: October - December
- Interviews will be held on Wednesday’s in October and November; December if needed
In keeping with ACGME and NRMP requirements, all interviewed applicants will have an opportunity to review the MMC policy on visas, stipends and benefits, and review a sample MMC contract available on the Department of Medical Education website. Please note all Sports Fellows will be paid at a Fellow 1 level which corresponds to a PGY4 stipend here at Maine Medical Center. Please see Residency Page for details.
ContactJennifer A. Burnham, Program Manager
272 Congress Street
Portland, ME 04101