For Current Applicants:
We are so excited that you have submitted your ERAS application! This year we will send interview invitations on October 16th and will only send additional invitations if more interview slots become available. Any additional invitations will be sent the evenings. Applicants who are invited to interview will have a maximum of 48 hours to accept before we extend additional interview offers. This year, interviews will take place on November 2, 7, 14, 21, 28, December 5, 12, and 19. We look forward to meeting you!
How to Apply
Residency candidates are selected based on their prior experiences, academic qualifications and values that align with our mission to serve patients in Maine, particularly our local community. The Internal Medicine-Pediatric residency program has four categorical positions at the PGY-1 level.
- Current enrollment in or graduation from medical school within the past 5 years
- Submission of ERAS application, MSPE, all medical school transcripts, and personal statement
- Three letters of recommendation from physicians with whom you have worked directly (we do NOT require letters from categorical Chair of departments)
- Must have passed USMLE Step 1 or COMLEX 1 to be considered. Step 2/COMLEX 2 scores are reviewed at time of ranking of applicants. (We do NOT require both USMLE and COMLEX).
- Two months of “hands on” clinical training in Internal Medicine and Pediatrics rotations (observerships do not fulfill this requirement).
- Certified or certification-eligible through the ECFMG (valid through the commencement of residency)*
- US citizenship, immigrant status, or J-1 visa eligibility*
*Required for International Medical Graduates (IMGs)
Applicants must use the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) to apply. Prior to being selected as a match applicant, each candidate must be interviewed to assess personal qualities such as motivation, integrity, leadership and alignment with the values of our program. Such interviews are scheduled at the discretion of program leadership. For the 2023-2024 interview season, all interviews will take place online. Interviews will be conducted November through mid-December. Interviewees will have the opportunity to speak with residents, faculty, program leadership and our administrative team.
Kathryn Diamond-Falk, MD
Internal Medicine-Pediatric Residency Program Director
Visit the Fellowship & Residency Electronic Interactive Database Access System and enter code 7002232128 to learn more about our program.