Patients & Visitors
Whether you are a patient or a visitor, we want your experience at Stephens Memorial Hospital to be as pleasant as possible. The information below should answer many of your questions. And once you arrive, our care team members are here to help in person. We look forward to providing you and your loved ones with a supportive and healing health care experience.
New Visitor Policy - Effective 9/7/21
To help prevent further community spread of COVID-19, we have implemented temporary visitor restrictions at Stephens Memorial Hospital as of September 7, 2021.
Hospital Inpatient Areas (Visit Times to be managed by the Care Team):
- Pediatrics: Two parent/guardians at a time allowed in all areas, provided space is sufficient to achieve compliance with social distancing.
- Obstetrics: Two, including spouse/coach. Doulas also permitted when the obstetrician is aware of their requested presence and they have been part of the prenatal process.
- All other inpatient areas including Special Care: One visitor at a time between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m. with no restriction on total number of visitors in that timeframe. Exceptions may be made at the time of unit admission or for care plan discussions.
- End of Life in any inpatient area: Up to four people at a time may visit patients at end of life or on comfort care with no restriction on total number of visitors. Visit times to be managed by the care team.
- Visitors will not be allowed in any designated units with an active COVID-19 outbreak.
Patient Discharges: If discharge occurs outside of normal visiting hours, patients are allowed to have one visitor at time of discharge to participate in the discharge planning process and accompany the patient to appropriate facility entrance/exit.
Outpatient Surgery and Procedural Areas: One visitor may be allowed for an adult patient, and pediatric patients may be accompanied by two parents/guardians, provided space is sufficient to achieve compliance with social distancing.
Emergency Department: One person at a time may accompany the patient, and pediatric patients may be accompanied by two parents/guardians, provided space is sufficient to achieve compliance with social distancing. Exceptions may be made for care plan discussions as arranged with the care team or for end of life.
Ambulatory/Diagnostic Areas: One person may be allowed for an adult patient, and pediatric patients may be accompanied by two parents/guardians, provided space is sufficient to achieve compliance with social distancing.
Patients Requiring Special Assistance: Patients in any care setting who need help, such as with mobility or communications with the care team about their medical history or care, may be assisted by an adult escort to provide the needed assistance or support, such necessity to be determined by the care team.
Screening and Logging of Visitors: All visitors/escorts are subject to screening for COVID-19. Their entrance will be logged, and contain the date, visitor(s) name, and contact information for contract tracing as needed. Visitor tags should be provided and worn by the visitor(s).
Visitors/Escorts that screen positive or enter with respiratory symptoms will NOT allowed to enter Stephens Memorial Hospital facilities.
All visitors and escorts must:
- Perform hand hygiene prior to entering and upon leaving the patient’s room/care area
- Wear a procedural mask at all times while in the facility
- Not go to any locations in the facility other than the room of the patient they are visiting
- May leave and re-enter the facility provided they are otherwise meeting the guidelines above
The hospital cafeteria is closed to visitors.
These restrictions are for the protection of patients, employees, visitors and the public, are consistent with guidance from governmental authorities, and are adopted for the purpose of reducing the potential for propagation of the COVID-19 virus.