Occupational Health and Wellness
Our occupational health and safety practice, called Health Connections, provides a comprehensive range of services critical to employers in Knox and Waldo counties and beyond. These services maximize worksite safety, support various certification requirements and facilitate the timely return to employment of those who are injured as part of their work.
Supported by the full resources of Pen Bay Medical Center and Waldo County General Hospital, Health Connections has offices in Rockport and Belfast.
- Work injury/illness diagnosis and treatment (Traumatic, repetitive, acute muscular injury)
- Physical/Licensing exams (DOT/CDL, USCG, school bus, police, military, fit for duty)
- Screening (Pre-hire musculoskeletal exam/lift test, audiometric and pulmonary testing)
- Drug and alcohol testing (Pre-hire, post–accident, random, court–ordered testing)
- Immunizations ( Tdap, MMR, Hepatitis B, Varicella, worksite flu clinics)
- Immunity/exposure testing
- Lab testing (immunity testing/titers)
- Blood and body fluid exposure counseling and lab studies
- 731 Commercial Street, Rockport
- 163 Northport Avenue, Belfast
Occupational Health Team
- Matthew C Turner, PA-C | MaineHealth
- Lise A Desjardins, APRN-FNP | MaineHealth
Latest NewsView All
Alexander Abud, MD, Specialist in Multiple Sclerosis, Joins Pen Bay Neurology
Pen Bay Medical Center (PBMC) is pleased to welcome Alexander Abud, MD, to Pen Bay Neurology. As a specialist in multiple sclerosis, Dr. Abud will be able care for Knox and Waldo County patients close to home.
Brenna Messier, PA-C Joins Pen Bay Surgery
Pen Bay Medical Center (PBMC) is pleased to welcome Brenna Messier, PA-C, to the team at the Pen Bay Surgery.
Marjorie Zyirek-Bacon, MD, Joins PBMC, WCGH Palliative Care Team
Pen Bay Medical Center (PBMC) and Waldo County General Hospital (WCGH) are pleased to welcome Marjorie Zyirek-Bacon, MD, to their palliative care teams.
Pen Bay Medical Center Offers Saturday Flu Clinics for Patients
Clinics will be held October 1, October 15, and October 9 - from 9 am to noon, by appointment only.