Pen Bay Pulmonology treats disorders of the lung including chronic diseases such as emphysema and asthma, diseases caused by exposure to toxic substances, sleep disorders, chronic cough relief, interventional pulmonology and acute pulmonary problems such as pneumonia.
Patients can receive guidance in living with such conditions as COPD, asthma, cystic fibrosis and lung cancer. Our care extends to respiratory screenings, treatments, therapies and teaching self-management.
Comprehensive sleep testing is available in the home or at the Center for Sleep Medicine at Waldo County General hospital in a home-like environment. A sleep study helps to diagnose sleep disorders that may be causing disruptions in sleep and fatigue as well as other health concerns.
Common Sleep Disorders
- Sleep Apnea
- Jet lag
- Restless Leg Syndrome
Common Symptoms of Sleep Problems
- Difficulty falling asleep or maintaining sleep
- Snoring or gasping for breath while sleeping
- Feeling tired during the day
- Trouble concentrating or remembering things
- Hypertension or other evidence of heart disease
- Morning headaches
- Reduced efficiency at work