Diabetes & Nutrition
As of 3/29/21, we are now located in the Physicians Building, on the PBMC campus.
Address: 4 Glen Cove Drive, Suite 107, Rockport, Maine 04856
The Diabetes and Nutrition Care Center provides both nutritional counseling for a wide variety of medical conditions and diabetes education in individual or group settings. Our team includes registered dietitians and registered nurses with special training in diabetes education. The Center is recognized by the American Diabetes Association as offering high-quality education services to the patients it serves. Learn about the diabetes education classes available after you complete your one-on-one diabetes consults.
The Diabetes and Nutrition Care Center educators offer consultative services to the community on a variety of diabetes and nutrition health related topics.
Our program meets the national standards for diabetes self management education.
We help people who:
- Are newly diagnosed
- Need an update or review
You will learn:
- How to plan healthy meals
- The how, when & why of blood sugar monitoring
- The right exercise for you
- How to prevent diabetes complications
- How diabetes medications work
Topics may include:
- Cancer prevention
- Childhood nutrition
- Comprehensive nutrition analysis
- Digestive problems
- Eating disorders
- Food allergies
- High blood pressure
- High cholesterol
- Nutrition during and after cancer treatment
- Safe supplement use
- Weight control
- Zing! Pen Bay Medical Center’s program for energizing our kids