Electronic Health Records
On February 27, 2021, Maine Behavioral Healthcare employees, in collaboration with our partners at MaineHealth, launched a new electronic health record system called SeHR (Shared Electronic Health Record). This important work reflects our commitment to providing patients with the best care possible.
One Patient. One Record.
The move to a unified SeHR system means that all patient health information, both medical and behavioral, is now available in a single, secure health record. Patient privacy is extremely important. We follow strict data security protocols and closely monitor the SeHR system to ensure it is being used properly. Care team members with system access are trained to only use the information as allowed by law, and only if required for patient care.
Benefits of the new electronic health record system include:
- Safer and higher quality care for patients
- Fewer forms and paperwork for patients
- Easy patient access to online health information through the MyChart patient portal
- Streamlined care coordination between behavioral and medical health care providers
As always, patient information will only be shared with signed permission from the patient or guardian. We look forward to continuing to serve our valued patients and family members with respect and compassion. Questions about the new electronic health record system? Please email us.
Health Record Requests
To request a copy of your electronic health record, please:
- Complete our Authorization to Release and Disclose Patient Information form
- Email or fax the completed form to our Health Information Management (HIM) team:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax: 207-774-6762
Review this document for more information.