9th Annual Let’s Go! National Obesity Conference – Obesity: Making The Connection To Cancer
Learn about the latest evidence of the impact of obesity and cancer on patients. Presentations include a focus on the relationship of diet and physical activity on these diseases, and programs and resources to support patients in clinical and community settings.
- Obesity and Cancer: Understanding the Connection, Speaker: Jennifer Ligibel, MD - Vimeo Presentation - PDF Presentation
- Obesity-related Cancers: The Impact on Society, Speaker: Sara L. Huston, PhD - Vimeo Presentation - PDF Presentation
- Screening and Treatment for Patients with Obesity and Cancer, Speaker: Leslie Bradford, MD - Vimeo Presentation - PDF Presentation
- Oncology Nutrition: The Continuum of Care, Speaker: Pam Perkins, RD, LD - PDF Presentation
- Evidence-Based Health Intervention Programs, Speakers: Meagan Hamblett, Casey Clark Kelley, Catie Reed, YMCA - PDF Presentation 1 - PDF Presentation 2
- Hunger and Health, Speakers: Kristen Miale, MBA, Courtney Kennedy, MEd, Good Shepherd Food Bank - PDF Presentation
- American Cancer Society & American Cancer Society Action Network - PDF Presentation
- Diet-Associated Cancer Burden: Opportunities for Nutrition Policy Interventions, Speaker: Fang Fang Zhang, MD, PhD - Vimeo Presentation - PDF Presentation
- Healthy Movement for Cancer Prevention and Treatment, Speaker: Justin C. Brown, PhD - Vimeo Presentation - PDF Presentation
- Prevention to Survivorship: Where Do We Go From Here?, Speaker: Colleen Doyle, MS, RD - Vimeo Presentation - PDF Presentation
Let’s Go! provides a variety of training opportunities for practice teams. We’ll train your entire team on how Let’s Go! 5-2-1-0 can help fight childhood obesity by focusing on healthy habits. Please contact us to discuss in-person training.
Motivational Interviewing for Behavior Change – 5 part webinar series
Let’s Go! is committed to developing learning opportunities for practice teams which will enhance your abilities to counsel and guide patients towards healthy eating and active living for better health. Motivational Interviewing (MI) is an effective technique which ignites a patient’s internal drive for change. This evidence based approach has been used with diverse populations and in varied settings.
Caring for Children with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities (I/DD)
As children with I/DD can face more challenges to adopting healthy habits than their typically developing peers, Let’s Go! created resources to help support this special population. This 14-Minute Video for health care professionals is designed to help improve health outcomes for patients with I/DD. It is narrated by pediatrician Dr. Stephanie Joy. Maine Medical Center provides .5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits(s) to participants who complete the educational module.
Early Identification and Assessment of Childhood Obesity Webinar Series
This webinar series provides information about early identification and assessment of childhood obesity, the role of primary care, and the skills and tools to address this critical issue facing our children today.
5-2-1-0 Webinar Series
Learn about prevention and treatment of obesity including: pathophysiology, assessment, counseling on nutrition and physical activity, bias and stigma, and treatment.