Cancer Care I Oncology I Hematology
Keeping you safe is our top priority. Don’t delay needed care. While our services may look different, MaineHealth remains committed to providing high-quality care, close to home. Learn more about new safety measures in place at all care locations.
High-Quality Cancer Care, Close to Home
Franklin Memorial Hospital provides convenient access to comprehensive services for the growing number of people in our community who have been diagnosed with cancer and blood disorders. We work closely with MaineGeneral’s Harold Alfond Center for Cancer Care in Augusta to coordinate patient care. This longstanding partnership helps patients and families navigate available cancer treatment options and providers – resulting in faster care referrals and better care coordination.
- At Franklin Memorial Hospital: Newly-diagnosed patients start here, where nurse practitioners Jillian Savage, AGNP-C, and Ginna Dix, AGNP-C, provide office visits Monday through Thursday. Our cancer care team members are in daily contact with board-certified oncologists and hematologists at the Harold Alfond Center for Cancer Care to discuss each patient and their ongoing care. Chemotherapy- and biotherapy-certified registered nurses administer services such as:
- Home chemotherapy surveillance
- Intravenous fluids administration
- Blood product transfusion
- Hematologic medication administration
- At the Harold Alfond Center for Cancer Care: Patients meet with MaineHealth medical oncologists/hematologists, Dr. Ridhi Gupta or Dr. Rachit Kumar, to discuss their treatment plans, progress and recommended follow-up care at Franklin Memorial Hospital.
Our commitment to providing excellent oncology and hematology care, close to home, remains our guiding principle. We center care around the patient and their family - providing guidance and assistance, every step of the way. All providers are affiliated with the Harold Alfond Center for Cancer Care.