The Mid Coast Hospital Auxiliary is a group of mid coast community members who support the Mid Coast Hospital mission of working together so our communities are the healthiest in America. Since 2001, we have been actively supporting the hospital and community through a range of programs and initiatives such as:
- Hospital gift shop
- Annual yard sale
- Holiday bazaar
- Used book sale
- Book signing events
- Bake sales
All proceeds benefit the hospital and its health career scholarship program for mid coast area students attending four-year colleges, technical colleges or other specialized training. Approximately $40,000 is awarded every spring to deserving students. Continuing education scholarships are also awarded to employees.
Join the Auxiliary!
All are welcome to join the Mid Coast Hospital Auxiliary. Simply complete our application form and send it with your dues to the address below.
Mid Coast Hospital Auxiliary
121 Medical Center Drive, Box 3
Brunswick, Maine 04011
The Mid Coast Hospital Auxiliary awards multiple scholarships each year to local high school graduates and non-traditional students who are pursuing a career in health care.
- Must be enrolled in an accredited educational institution
- High school applicants must be full-time. Non-traditional students may attend part-time.
- Must be admitted to a program and/or major in a field that will lead to a health care career (except pre-med and biology majors)
- Must have a primary residence in Bath, Brunswick, Topsham, West Bath, Harpswell and the Islands, Phippsburg, Arrowsic, Georgetown, Woolwich, Wiscasset, Alna, Edgecomb, Dresden, Richmond, Bowdoin, Bowdoinham, Lisbon, Lisbon Falls, Durham, Freeport, North Yarmouth or Pownal, Maine
- Must submit required application, paperwork and documentation on or before April 15, 2024
Scholarships for High School Graduates
Each year, the Auxiliary awards one or more scholarships to local graduating seniors. We encourage and welcome graduating seniors interested in a health care profession to apply by the application deadline.
Awards will be announced at the recipient’s high school awards night. Funds are dispersed directly to the student’s school after receiving confirmation that the student has enrolled with an appropriate course schedule.
Scholarship for Non-Traditional Students
The Auxiliary awards one or more scholarships to non-traditional students completing post-high school education after a period of time working or gaining education in another subject area.
Preference will be given to Mid Coast Hospital employees. Students who previously applied for the scholarship for high school seniors will not be considered. Funds are dispersed directly to the student's school after receiving confirmation that the student has enrolled with an appropriate course schedule.
How to Apply
Please send your completed application and all required documentation to MCHA.Scholarships@gmail.com.