There is no time more important than today to set a personal well-being goal, and you will be more successful when combined with a plan and vision on what you want to achieve. Try setting some small goals over the next month. Stay focused, create new habits and have fun! Need some help to get started? We are pleased to provide you with resources to help you succeed.
The following programs and resources are available to employees:
Our WOW health & well-being programs are available to MaineHealth employees, and some programs are available to their their spouse/partners who are interested in receiving support and expert guidance in their quest for improving their health. These programs are free and offered at various times through the year.
Lark Diabetes Prevention Program
MaineHealth has teamed up with Lark to offer a digital diabetes prevention program, a self-paced, digital program with 24/7 access to a coach -- at no cost to all MaineHealth care team members. Over the course of this year-long program, you will learn to apply effective changes to eating routines, physical activity, sleep habits, stress management, and more through interactive coaching.
Your Lark coach provides personalized support and guidance in several areas to help reduce your risk of developing type 2 diabetes, including:
- Weight loss and weight management
- Prediabetes-specific nutrition
- Weekly prediabetes education, with daily check-ins to help you stay on track
- Stress management and identifying stress triggers
- Sleep and physical activity
You will receive a wireless connected scale at no extra cost once you meet certain milestones of the program. Care team members can also earn up to 23,000 Virgin Pulse points for meeting key milestones of the program.
How do I get started?
First, click here and take the one-minute Prediabetes Risk Test to determine if you are at risk for prediabetes. If the test indicates that you have prediabetes or are likely to have prediabetes, you’ll be given a link to download Lark from the App Store® or Google Play™. You can begin interacting with your digital Lark coach immediately.
Who is eligible to participate?
ALL MaineHealth care team members can enroll in the Lark Program, at no cost, regardless of your medical benefits, and includes access to the mobile app.
Living Well with Diabetes Program
The MaineHealth Living Well with Diabetes Self-Management Program can help you learn how to manage your type 2 diabetes. It is a free, evidence-based program developed by Stanford University and the Self-Management Resource Center. The program is offered online via Zoom in a small group setting. Classes meet once a week for six weeks, and each class is about two to two and a half hours.
Class topics include:
- Healthy eating and menu planning
- Managing and tracking blood sugar (glucose)
- Overcoming fatigue and frustration
- Exercises for improving your strength, flexibility and endurance
- Talking to health care providers about your medications
- Communicating with family, friends and health professionals
- Goal setting and problem solving
Learn more and find an upcoming class.
MaineHealth Care Team members can earn up to 5,500 Virgin Pulse points for participating in this program.
Additional WOW Health & Well-Being Programs
- Stress Management and Resiliency Resources - Explore educational topics, relaxation practices, and additional resources that can help you to increase your ability to live life more in balance.
- Stress Free Now - Cleveland Clinic's clinically proven, 6-week online course teaches you how to practice relaxation techniques and gives you real-life strategies for managing your body's reaction to stress. This program offers lifetime access and is eligible for Healthy Paybacks.
- Resources for Living - Resources for Living is a 24/7 free and confidential resource program designed to provide support, information and referrals for issues like handling stress and overload, navigating the health care system, finding child care and so much more.
How do I know if I have pre-diabetes?
Did you know that one third of Americans have pre-diabetes? And because it often doesn't show any symptoms, about 90% of them don't know they have it. Learn about the digital Lark Diabetes Prevention Program.