The pediatric nephrologists at MaineHealth treat children with kidney problems and kidney diseases. They treat the full range of kidney conditions in children, from birth defects to endocrine and metabolic disorders.
What is pediatric nephrology?
Kidneys clean our blood of toxins and waste. Pediatric nephrology is a service MaineHealth provides to care for children with kidney problems that include:
- Kidney stones
- Bladder problems
- High blood pressure
- Endocrine and metabolic disorders
- Complications of malignancy
- Vascular disease and surgery
- Congenital abnormalities (birth defects)
- Other diseases of the kidney or urinary system
Pediatric nephrology services
Pediatric nephrologists are doctors with special training and education to care for children with kidney diseases and kidney conditions. They can provide services such as:
- Kidney biopsies
- Kidney transplants
- Blood pressure monitoring