- Healthy eating and menu planning
- Managing and tracking blood sugar (glucose)
- Overcoming fatigue and frustration
- Exercises for improving your strength, flexibility and endurance
- Talking to health care providers about your medications
- Communicating with family, friends and health professionals
- Goal setting and problem solving
What is the cost?
This program is offered at no-cost to MaineHealth patients. Insurance coverage is not required.
How do I know if am eligible for the program?
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Have a diagnosis of type 2 diabetes
- Not be pregnant
- Live in Maine or New Hampshire
Who leads the classes?
Classes are run by two trained leaders. This is a self-management course and does not take the place of a doctor's visit or direct support from other health care professionals such as diabetes educators and dietitians. You should still see your primary care physician and/or endocrinologist, even if you are successfully self-managing your condition between visits.
Take the First Step
MaineHealth offers free "Living Well with Diabetes" classes. Click for more info about upcoming classes!