Volunteers Make a Difference
Our volunteers come from many different backgrounds, are of varying ages and each has something special to offer.
Whether they are able to help a few hours a week, or a few days a week, volunteers provide a vital link between the excellent care SMHC provides and the people we serve. Our volunteers are important members of the SMHC healthcare team. SMHC and our patients are enriched by our volunteer’s personal touch.
The Benefit of Being an SMHC Volunteer
There are many benefits to being a volunteer, both tangible and intangible. From the camaraderie and friends you’ll make, to the annual recognition event, there’s nothing as fulfilling as belonging to a group that makes a difference.
- Discount program, including pharmacy
- Annual flu shots and TB screening
- Annual recognition event
- Participation in meal voucher program
Due to COVID-19 and our commitment to the safety of our volunteers and our community, we have not yet fully opened up our volunteer program. We do have limited volunteer opportunities, including:
- Greeting visitors and patients and assisting with wayfinding
- Screening patients and visitors as they enter our facilities
- Providing support to the Hospital Elder Life Program (H.E.L.P)
- Run errands, deliver flowers and patient mail
- Assist various departments with clerical needs
- Help at community events
- Help out with special projects
For more information on how you can join our wonderful family of volunteers, please contact: