Apply & Contact
The Leadership in Preventive Medicine program will recruit two trainees per year who will have completed a primary residency or fellowship (family medicine, primary care or specialty medicine, pediatrics, infectious disease, obstetrics, anesthesia, surgery and subspecialties, radiology, etc.).
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Have already completed a primary ACGME-approved residency or fellowship.
- Have already passed the USMLE Step 3 exam.
- Are committed to a practice of preventive medicine and public health which integrates with their clinical training.
Applications from trainees who have not yet completed a primary ACGME-approved program may be considered on a case by case basis, depending on specialty, circumstances, and work experience. Applications to combine this program with other fellowships are also welcome.
We encourage applicants to explore our website to determine if our program will meet their professional development goals. We are also open to answering specific eligibility questions via email to our program manager, Brianne Hodgkins.
This program evaluates applicants each Fall for enrollment in the following academic year that begins on July 1. Approximate application timeline:
- August 1 – December 1: Applications accepted
- September 1 – December 31: Interviews
- November - January: Applicants register for the ACPM Standardized Acceptance Process (SAP)
- January: Applicants & Programs submit rank lists to the SAP
- Late January/Early February: Match Results Announced
To apply, please submit the following documents to our Program Manager listed below.
- Application Form
- Curriculum Vitae
- Personal Statement
- 3 Letters of Recommendation
- Ask references to send letters directly to the Program Manager