Thank you for your interest in volunteering at MMC. Our Adult Volunteers are homemakers, college students, retirees, and business people who are 18 years of age or older.
Due to an increase in Covid-19 cases, we are temporarily suspending onboarding of adult volunteers, please check back here regularly for when we are able to onboard new volunteers.
Completing our volunteer orientation is mandatory and the first step in becoming a volunteer. Placement is made on the basis of hospital needs and a determination of a good match between the individual and the assignment. The safety and care of our patients is the driving force of volunteer placement. To learn more about the Volunteer Program, please view our Volunteer Opportunities & Locations.
Before you proceed, ask yourself these questions to ensure that you are able to fulfill the role of a volunteer.
- Am I 18 years of age or older?
- Am I able to commit to 3-4 hours a week for at least six months?
- Do I enjoy working in new situations, taking on different duties, or helping in additional ways based on the needs of the people around me?
- Do I agree to submit to a criminal background check?
- Am I comfortable in a health care setting?
- If English is a second language, have I reached ESL Proficiency Level 4?
- Do I hold a valid U.S. Social Security Number?
If you answer "no" to any, it is possible that our organization may not meet your goals as a volunteer. If you answer "yes" to all then please continue on to our steps for getting started below.
In order to become a volunteer with Maine Medical Center, your first steps are to complete our online orientation, evaluation/checklist and an application.
- Review Online Orientation
- Complete Online Volunteer Orientation Evaluation/Checklist
- Complete Application (temporarily suspended due to COVID-19)
If you need assistance, please call Volunteer Services at (207) 662-2205.
We are fortunate to receive many volunteer applications. If an opportunity is available we will contact you with next steps.